May 2014 Weddings

Guest Book

2»

Re: Guest Book

• @jenni1221 The album from shutterfly arrived yesterday!  And I LOVE it!!! It came out so amazing!! I'm so incredibly happy with it!!  I will definitely be using them to make a wedding album!!
    Yay!  Now I can't wait to get our engagement photo's done so I can make one!  Good to know! Thanks for letting me know!
  • @jenni1221 No problem! And the only thing I would recommend getting cause it will be close to your wedding date, is to spring for faster shipping just so you can get a guaranteed arrival date of the book.  Other then that, the quality of the book is great and I even put in photos that were taken with a cell phone, and you can't even tell.  Everything came out wonderful
    Anniversary
  • I am doing a photo book too with pictures of us with our guests in the past. I am going to put a sign asking them to find themselves in the book and to sign by their picture. 
  • @stararly, I like that idea too.  Very cute!
    Anniversary
  • akopitzkeakopitzke member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    I have been toying with a couple different ideas for a guestbook. I honestly am not very sentimental (I don't ever keep anything, even throw out birthday cards) so a guestbook seems like a waste to me. But I thought if I did something that had actual use it would be worth it. My two ideas are either 1) a calendar with pics of the two of us and guests sign their birthdates or 2) an address card box where guests fill out a 3X5 card (one per family) with the vital info and can write a little note on the back. I like the 2nd idea better but am worried it would be too time consuming and people would just skip it. I also thought about pre-printing their info and they can just verify its correct but not sure that would really help much because then they'd each be searching for their card... 
  • @akopitzke I like the second idea better as well.  I think to help make it go faster would be to make sure you have a LOT of pens out there and a long table so several people can write on the note card at once.  If you had it set up for just one person at a time, it would take too long, and I think people would skip it.  Just my suggestion! :) And I'm semi sentimental, but I throw out b-day cards too. 
    Anniversary
  • I love how many other brides are going the non-traditional route with the guest book! My fiance is a little nerdy and loves the Lord of the Rings series, and when we were dating I painted a map of the middle earth realm and had it custom framed for him. I wanted to surprise him by having a huge canvas of a picture of the map of middle earth from the books that guests can sign. Then we can hang it on our wall and always be reminded of our loved ones who celebrated our special day with us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitley making a book on Shutterfly. I've been developing my photos and calendars with them for awhile now and I love their work. Wedding Paper Divas is also a great site! I have beautiful Save The Date magnets from there. Highly recommend both sites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards