Favors

Need wording for popcorn favors

kelsey8486kelsey8486 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited November 2013 in Favors
We're having a movie themed wedding/reception and one of our favors will be popcorn in mini popcorn boxes as you walk into the ceremony. I want the guests to be able to snack while they wait for the ceremony to start, but I don't want them eating during the ceremony. Can anyone help with clever wording or a short poem so guests know they can eat while they wait but not during the ceremony? Thank you!!!

SN: Not to be rude or ungrateful for any future response, but if you do NOT have any clever wording or a short poem (which is what I am asking for) then please do not answer. I am only asking for help with wording because I am not clever with words. I do not care if anyone thinks it is rude to ask my guests not to eat during the ceremony, that was not my question and I do not care for your opinion on the matter.

A few idea's that some friends/family members have come up with are:

Please enjoy this salty treat from the bride and groom Just make sure to put it away when the bride enters the room. Thanks for popping in on our special day!

Please enjoy this salty treat as you make your way to your seat. Just make sure you’re done munchin’ When it’s time for the wedding action.

Re: Need wording for popcorn favors

• It would be rude to tell guests not to eat during the ceremony.  If someone is inconsiderate enough to munch during a wedding ceremony, no cute poem or clever wording will stop them.

You can hope that your guests are grown adults and know when it is and is not appropriate to munch on snacks.  You can skip the snack serving portion of the program and have one less thing to worry about.  

The popcorn idea is cute as a favor, but I would not recommend "serving" them prior to the ceremony.  Eating popcorn will make your guests thirsty.  Are you going to have water available? Put the favors at the reception where they typically belong.
  • I agree with mobkaz.  Just give them the popcorn after the ceremony.  Popcorn makes people thirsty and people usually end up with a kernel in their teeth and then want to go to the bathroom or something to get it out.  Also, I think it is kind of rude, IMO, to give them food and then say not to eat it.
  • How would you even know if they're snacking during the ceremony? Won't you be focused on marrying your FI?

You should also have bottled water (and napkins) available btw.
  • We're having a movie themed wedding/reception and one of our favors will be popcorn in mini popcorn boxes as you walk into the ceremony. I want the guests to be able to snack while they wait for the ceremony to start, but I don't want them eating during the ceremony. Can anyone help with clever wording or a short poem so guests know they can eat while they wait but not during the ceremony? Thank you!!!

SN: Not to be rude or ungrateful for any future response, but if you do NOT have any clever wording or a short poem (which is what I am asking for) then please do not answer. I am only asking for help with wording because I am not clever with words. I do not care if anyone thinks it is rude to ask my guests not to eat during the ceremony, that was not my question and I do not care for your opinion on the matter.

A few idea's that some friends/family members have come up with are:

Please enjoy this salty treat from the bride and groom Just make sure to put it away when the bride enters the room. Thanks for popping in on our special day!

Please enjoy this salty treat as you make your way to your seat. Just make sure you’re done munchin’ When it’s time for the wedding action.
    Favors are best when they're given out at the reception.  Do you ever see a movie theater and how nasty it is with popcorn strewn about?  Is this what you want for your ceremony and photos? Even if you have people put it down when the ceremony starts (which is highly unlikely), you can be sure that people will accidentally kick it over.  

Also, you cannot dictate how people respond when you post on an open, public forum.   
  • I think the popcorn idea sounds nice, but I agree with PPs that you should provide it after the ceremony. Have your DOC or other hired person set this up during the ceremony so people can grab one on their way out. I agree with @itzMS that you'll want to have water and napkins.
    *********************************************************************************

• Sorry, but I'll admit to being rude. A poem would not stop me from eating the popcorn. I have no self control around it and I would be sneaking it during the ceremony if you give it to me.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• As a guest, this would make me super uncomfortable, on many levels.

1: Sitting in a a quiet room, listening to 50 people crunching. Yech.

2: Even a small amount of popcorn requires a beverage and napkin. Where do I dispose of these, and the container, when I'm finished? Or do I sit and balance them awkwardly throughout the ceremony?

3: I'm an adult. I don't need a snack to amuse me. I know how to sit quietly in my chair, smile and quietly greet people I know, and murmur to my neighbor about how pretty or cool or whatever the decorations are.

4: Rhyming reminders about my manners? A crime against etiquette. And probably a crime  against poetry as well. Also condescending, unless your guests are four years old. See item three: I'm an adult. This is not charming. Remember:

If you are rude in rhyming verse

You only make a bad thing worse.

See how condescending it sounds? Awful. I agree with all the previous posters. Save food for after the ceremony.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards