Snarky Brides

Warm and Fuzzies

In the spirit of the beginning of the Holiday Season, what is a little/ simple thing that always makes you happy? A random act of kindness? Something that gives you the warm and fuzzies?

For me, I love when someone goes out of their way to hold a door open. It is a little gesture that always makes me smile.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Warm and Fuzzies

• I like when people hold open doors too. Also, when drivers stop to let me out of my street - I live off of a very busy main road. 
  • Day to day, I appreciate people who don't get caught up in the holiday hustle and bustle. Patience is nice to see :-)
    I also love playing witness to DH's successes. It is great to get to be the first to congratulate him (and vice versa).

Current situation...when someone (stranger or otherwise) says I look good. I'm 8 months pregnant, so most people say I look huge or big (or other snarky comments). It's tiring. I will always tell pregnant ladies how nice they look from now on!
  • The weather. I love the winter, and the holiday season makes it so much more cheery. Yesterday was the first day (where I live) that was below 30 degrees when I left in the morning, so I switched from my normal Starbucks drink to the Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha. And it was served in the red snowflake cups! Made me feel like a little kid again. :)

In terms of interactions with people, general chivalry is a big one. Recently, where I live I have to parallel park on the street, so when it's obvious that I'm trying to either parallel park OR trying to pull out, like, halfway out into the street already, most cars still zoom on by, so it's nice when someone stops (and gives me enough room to maneuver) to let me do what i need to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When my siblings and I were really young, my mom started the tradition of bringing us breakfast in bed on our birthdays. It's something we've continued to do with our spouses and SOs. I get so touched every year when FI wakes me up with breakfast in bed :)

I also get warm and fuzzy when strangers acknowledge me with a small smile or a friendly hello. I think it's something with my Carolina blood.
  • Christmas music!! I cheese out on Christmas music :)
  • Last year FI and I were walking into church and they had a table set up for some type of fundraising.  I normally give my 5 or 10 bucks to win a car.  This was something totally different.  They were looking for families to sponsor less fortunate families.  While on line I looked down and saw a tag for a family of 3.  The parents were our age and they had a 4 month old little boy.  We got them each 2 warm outfits and some toys for the baby.  It gave me great joy to know I was helping someone in great need.

We also went to mass on Christmas Eve last year.  Something we haven't done since we were kids.  Most of the houses along the route to the church had 26 candles lit curbside the victims of the Newtown shooting.  The mass itself was heartwarming, the church was beautifully decorated, the choir was amazing and everyone was so friendly and full of Christmas spirit.  

Those things really made Christmas feel special to me.  It was nice to be reminded that the holidays aren't about the material things.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards