Rhode Island

Seamstress

MrsB1122MrsB1122 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited November 2013 in Rhode Island
I am in need of some referrals for a good seamstress to alter my dress who is not going to charge an arm and a leg. I'm not willing to have it altered at the bridal salon because they always over charge. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Re: Seamstress

• My MoH had her dress altered at Sewing Creations by Rose in East Greenwich. Rose did a fantastic job and charged much less than a bridal salon would have.
  • Great, thank you so much!
  • I am working with Rose as well. She's been WONDERFUL thus far.
  • Has anyone used Rose to have a neckline on a dress switched (straight across to soft sweetheart)?  Thanks so much! :)

• I used Rose. I did not have the neckline of my dress altered but I am sure she can do anything and do a perfect job. 
     Alterations where more than I was anticipating but probably the going rate.
    I paid $300 for the top to be taken in, hemming, a french bustle, and cups sewn in.
    It is definitely worth the money not to have to worry about your dress.
    Rose also altered my mother's dress. I do not remember what she paid but it was a lot less but bridal gowns are much more intricate work.
    When my dress came in it was not right and had to be sent back to the company. I did not get the dress till one month before my wedding. We set up my appointments and Rose assured me everything would get done. She was great.
    She is very busy during peak wedding season so make sure you call for an appointment  in advance. 
  • I had this exact same question and need! Thank you! Looks like I will be calling Rose!
  • Ven&Radio said:
    My MoH had her dress altered at Sewing Creations by Rose in East Greenwich. Rose did a fantastic job and charged much less than a bridal salon would have.
    Agreed!  My experience was just wonderful with Rose.  Highly recommend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards