Favors
Options

Cute Bubble Quote?

I'm inserting bubbles into my ceremony program. What is a cute way to let guests know to blow bubbles after our first kiss? I want to use the phrase "love is in the air", but I'm not sure how to word it.

Re: Cute Bubble Quote?

• Options
    I'm inserting bubbles into my ceremony program. What is a cute way to let guests know to blow bubbles after our first kiss? I want to use the phrase "love is in the air", but I'm not sure how to word it.
    I would put the bubbles on each seat. It's very typical and most people understand what they're for without needing any additional information.

If you want to communicate what the bubbles are for (most people know anyway), you could make a footnote in your program - something to the effect of "Due to venue restrictions, we are using bubbles in lieu of rice or birdseed." That's a lot more clear than a cute saying or poem and let's people know exactly what it's for. I'm always confused by cute saying and poems anyway.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    People will figure it out. Just have a sticker saying "Love is in the air" on each bottle if the phrase is necessary to you. (guests won't notice, though)

In related news, bubbles will "stain" dark clothing, so be prepared for that if your groom will be wearing a dark suit.
  • Options
    I would not have known they were for the first kiss as I have seen them used for when the couple leaves.
  • Options
    hutchsl said:
    I would not have known they were for the first kiss as I have seen them used for when the couple leaves.
    This. I've never seen anyone blow bubbles inside the church. I've only ever seen it as the couple is exiting the church.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    hutchsl said:
    This. I've never seen anyone blow bubbles inside the church. I've only ever seen it as the couple is exiting the church.
    I would not be thrilled about this as a guest. Sometimes I wear silk or other fabrics that can be stained by bubbles and being stuck in a pew with people blowing bubbles around me would not please me. I don't want to ruin a good outfit for bubbles. Other times I don't care in the slightest.

Next time you are at a wedding that has bubbles, look around. You'll notice some folks off tot he side clapping and celebrating, but staying out of the line of bubbles.

ETA if you are doing this for photos it is unlikely the bubbles will make it into the photo frame at that distance. Just have your wedding party blow them after the ceremony as you reenact the first kiss. :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    hutchsl said:

Blowing bubbles inside any building is risky in terms of people slipping and falling.  I am going to guess that perhaps OP is having an outdoor ceremony.

I have seen the phrase, "Blow some wishes for the Mr. and Mrs." tagged onto bubble bottles.

I have also seen the phrase, "As the newlyweds walk your way, blow some bubbles and shout Hooray."
  • Options
    hutchsl said:
    I was thinking the same thing. I've only seen this done while they are leaving the church & usually the couple are kissing on the steps/in the doorway. 

Mobkaz must be correct in thinking she is having an outdoor ceremony. I wouldn't think to make guests blow the bubbles, not close enough. Have the bridal party do it? 

photokitty also has a point about the staining of clothes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards