Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Is TWO hours enough time for four people to have hair and make-up?

I made a mistake and gave a non refundable deposit after a wonderful trial but before seeing the contracts. Both the hairstylist and makeup artist gave me a two hour window for 3 potentially four people to get their hair and make-up done. I do not feel that is nearly enough time especially because I had another trial and they gave me a four hour time frame.
How long did it take other brides and their parties to get ready?

Re: Is TWO hours enough time for four people to have hair and make-up?

• I guess it depends on if you only have one hairstylist or two. We have a two hour appointment for three up-dos and two make-up applications, but we have two hairstylists.
  • For our wedding we had four people that got their hair and makeup done.  We had one hairstylist and one makeup artist.  It took about 4 hours.  But I will say that both my MUA and hairstylist weren't the fastest in the world but they are awesome at what they do.

With your time given you are looking at having 2 girls being completely done (makeup and hair) in one hour.  That seems a bit optimistic in my book.

• I think it depends on the number of stylists you have and the complexity of the styles that need to be done. I had 2 stylists do 4 women's hair in about 90 minutes, but 2 of us had very short hair and basically just had a blow out - the other 2 were up dos. We had 1 MUA who took about 3 hours to do the same 4 women's makeup.
  • cjhannu said:
    I made a mistake and gave a non refundable deposit after a wonderful trial but before seeing the contracts. Both the hairstylist and makeup artist gave me a two hour window for 3 potentially four people to get their hair and make-up done. I do not feel that is nearly enough time especially because I had another trial and they gave me a four hour time frame.
    How long did it take other brides and their parties to get ready?
    I don't think it's enough time.  Hair was close to 1 hour for me and I had half up/half down.  Makeup was a bit more than that. The MUA and hair stylist did spend less time on each of the other girls, but 2 hours total just doesn't seem like enough time for potentially 3 more girls.  You don't want to have the MUA or stylist rush.  

How long did your trial take?  Did they know you were going to be booking 3-4 people?  Sounds like they know the time they need.  But, if it takes them longer, are they going to charge you more?  Whatever you do, make sure you get done first. 
  • It depends on how many stylists you will have and the complexity of the styles the girls will have done. If they are having just blow outs, or if anyone has short hair that makes a difference. But if everyone has long hair and wants an updo that has a complicated design that probably won't be long enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards