New Jersey
Options

Same Day Edits

Vimeo has made me fall in love with SDE's. I know they are not something you NEED but I feel like they really capture a beautiful story in 3-5 minutes. What are your takes on the Same Day Edit? Can anyone reccomend a good company that does them for under $2000?

Re: Same Day Edits

• Options
    majesty318majesty318 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2013
    We just met with Live Picture Studios and are booking them for videography (although not SDE). They charge $1600 for SDE. I saw good reviews of the company on another board and we LOVED their video portfolio.
  • Options
    You mean the same day edit you see at the reception venue on the tv screens?
  • Options

@majesty318 Thank you! I looked them up and contacted them already... I really love the work and they have great packages!

@michella30, Yes -  I would actually prefer more of a highlight film you get after your wedding that is 5-10 minutes long but I only knew them as same day edits until I looked at a few different photographers.

• Options
    I've been to several weddings that show them.  At first they were cool since I don't go to as many ceremonies as I should.  But then they got really elaborate and just like slide shows of baby pictures, I'm done with them.  The last thing I want at a wedding reception is to sit through a long movie of earlier in the day.
  • Options
    We used Evan Soloff. Honestly I don't know how much he costs because we got him through a package deal with our photographer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @michella30 - Same Day Edits that are shown at weddings are usually at max about 3-4 minutes long and they are from the bride/groom getting prepped to the first dance with some of their vows or a BM telling a story with music in the background. To each their own - I think they are beautiful and thank goodness I've never been to a wedding where they make you sit through a long one. 
  • Options
    @hobokenbride2012 thanks! I will check them out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards