Destination Weddings Discussions

Live Chat with an AMResorts Expert!

2»

Re: Live Chat with an AMResorts Expert!

• @sgribben - Sheryl - yes you will have the lowest percent chance of rain in Los Cabos. Never say never, but that is your safest bet. With the Riviera Maya, it is truly unpredictable. Typically, even if it rains, it passes through in bursts and doesn't rain all day - but nothing is a guarantee of course.
  • How can you take advantage of having everyone together for more than just a day? Are there any special events you should host?
  • @futureMrsFialkowski - private events end at 11pm out of respect to the other guests - but there are options. As you mentioned, you can move to the ballroom or you can also take your party to the resorts' on-site lounges which typically are open until around 2am. This won't be a private event as other resort guests can be there as well, but it is a great and free option for you to keep the party going. (I did this as the after-party for my destination wedding as well).

If you are interested in a villa, I would suggest working with a travel agent who can help you find locations. Be sure to keep in mind transfers to and from the villa and the resort -especially since some guests may choose to head back earlier than 2-3am

You also may want to consider renting out one of the resort's larger suites (like the Presidential) for the after party. This is another way to keep the private party going, but without having to travel off-property.

• A welcome pack of goodies based on the destination?

• @KnotPorscha - The best part of a destination wedding is that you can celebrate beyond just the wedding day. Take advantage of having all your loved ones with you with bonus events like a welcome party complete with a private cigar roller or tequila tasting, a "bonfire on the beach" rehearsal dinner, and a "day after" brunch or pool party. Your guests will love the extra events.  
  • Ok thank you!  I need to do a lot of thinking.  I notice you have a few different hotels in Cabo - what are the differences?  Thanks, sheryl
  • Thank you, @AmandaAMResorts for sharing your tips and thank you to everyone that participated today! Amanda will answer any remaining questions from the live chat by the end of today.

• Do your resorts offer all inclusive?
  • Hi Sheryl- yes! There are many options in Los Cabos :)

Dreams Los Cabos is a family friendly property, a lovely resort , but for a honeymoon, many couples prefer the adults-only aspect of our Secrets Resorts & Spas. Secrets Marquis Los Cabos is the epitome of chic and elegant. I absolutley love this property and it has received several awards for service and dining. A new Secrets, Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort is opening in December. This will also be a high level of luxury and will have an affiliation with an amazing golf course - if that is something you and your fiance enjoy. (secretsresorts.com)

We also have Zoëtry Casa del Mar Los Cabos which is a boutique property very focused on relaxation and very romantic. (zoetryresorts.com)

• Sounds great - I'd love to be there now!  mDon't suppose you know how long the flight is from NY to Cabo?  I think this maybe a deciding factor if it's too long.  (I have not picked the best month to get married in NY) x
  • @sgribben - yes, all of our resorts are "all-inclusive" - but we don't use the term all inclusive. Our resorts provide the Unlimited Luxury experience - which means, everything is included. But unlike all-inclusive resorts, at our resorts, guests do not wear wristbands, our gourmet a la carte dining restaurants do not require reservations, and we offer 24-hour room service, pool and beach wait service, top shelf spirits, non-motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly entertainment - all included as part of your stay! You will feel very pampered.
  • @sgribben - non stop flights from NYC to Los Cabos (SJD) are 6.5hours to and 5 hour return.
  • That's not so bad at all!!!  I was expecting it to be longer.  The resorts sound perfect - I need to do a bit more looking but this sounds like a great place to be for our honeymoon xxx thanks for you're help x
  • Do you know what airline that's with? x
  • @sgribben - great! glad I could help. You will be happy with any of the resorts I mentioned. The flight time is general - should be about the same for all airlines that fly non-stop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards