May 2014 Weddings

My dress came in!!!

DB called me today, and they have my dress!! I'm going in Friday with my FMIL cause she hasn't seen it yet.  So all that it needs now would be alterations! :)  I'm so excited to see it.  Also my future ILs will be storing the dress for me, cause as some of you ladies know, if it was in my home I would be wearing it all the time!! lol :)
Anniversary

Re: My dress came in!!!

• YAY!  My dress from David's came in earlier than I expected it too.....and good thinking in having someone else store it for you - I think we've already mentioned my temptation in another post lol!!!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That's so excitinnnngggg! I think it's beer-and-popcorn-on-the-couch time, ladies... Hahaha

• That's so excitinnnngggg! I think it's beer-and-popcorn-on-the-couch time, ladies... Hahaha

Wooohoooo!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • yay!! my dress came in really early, too.....I'm not getting alterations done until the new year but I did go with my mom to try it on with my shoes and veil. I just wanted to go in and twirl around in it :) It actually helped because now I've discovered that I'm going to have to search for some sort of corset-bra to wear under it because the back is mostly just lace. Plus, I added a belt to it while I was trying it on! I have to wait 3-ish months for that sucker to come in...
  • I think when I go in on Friday, I'll try it again with a veil, cause I'm still undecided on that.  And yeah, it is totally time for beer and popcorn in our dresses!! :D
    Anniversary
  • i wore my shoes around the house the night i brought them home..im kinda scared to put my dress on and wear it at home..i dont wanna snag it.mine has some really delicate overlay on it
  • My dress came in last week!  I've been so caught up in other things that I haven't had a chance to call the shop back and schedule a fitting, but I am really excited it's here.  I was told it wouldn't come in until January, but there's something about December... good things always happen around the holidays :)  

They said that they won't start alterations until 8 weeks before the wedding, but I do want to go in with my shoes and my accessories to make sure that I'm on the right track.  Any recommendations from those of you who've already "met" your dresses in person?
  • @ohxhi I would definatley take your shoes with you! It makes a world of a difference to know how your dress will feel when your walking around in them. It will also help them decide if you even need it hemmed. 8 weeks seems like it's pushing it pretty close to a deadline. That would scare me! I have already had mine altered, and Ill try it back on later when the time is closer just to make sure. I think you are on the right track with bringing your extras. It's a good idea about the jewelry too, see if it clashes or works. I may have to do that myself
  • I just got the call that mine's in as well! I'm thinking I'll wait until after Christmas to go try it on, as my best friend will be visiting from out of state and hasn't seen it in person. 

They told me to make the alterations appt about 2 months before the wedding as well. Sounded a little close to me, but I figure they know what they're doing! 
  • @ohxhi My dress is a sample, so I've already gotten to try on "my" dress, and it fits me really, really well, but the consultant still told me I should do my first alterations consult with her seamstress sometime in January. I think waiting until you're 2 months out is too close. They generally recommend 3 - 4 fittings -- one 3 months out, one about 2 months out, and then one within 2 weeks for any final adjustments.

• Yeah I'm thinking it seems kind of close too, now that you've all said it.  I'm definitely going to go in to see it, I'm thinking between Christmas and New Years, and then ask them for some more detail about the timeline.  Thanks for helping me raise the red flag!
  • Yeah, my first alterations is scheduled for early February.  And they suggested that my first alterations be in Feb, but late Feb, but I opted for early Feb cause I wanted to give myself a bit more time. 
    Anniversary
  • you all are so lucky! my dress won't come in until the end of April/beginning of May :/ I am trying really hard to not freak out about it.. I have my first fitting appointment set for May 3rd, just 21 days before the wedding! But the girl at the shop assured me that there was plenty of time for alterations.. *deep breaths*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards