Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Aruba Wedding

Hi All,

I am planning a wedding in Aruba for September 2015. I have gotten a few proposals from various venues but I've found them to be a little confusing. I wanted to get some advise from anyone that is currently planning or has recently had their wedding in Aruba. Most affordable venue/rates? Amount of guests? 

Thanks!!

Re: Aruba Wedding

• Options
    Sorry I am no help, Aruba was out of our price range, although I would have loved to take a trip there for my wedding!

Hope someone comes along that can help!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm trying to plan the same thing, just started looking it today actually! Have you had any luck?
  • Options
    We will be getting married in Aruba in May!!! In 19 weeks....ahhhhhh Well my suggestion would be go on Aruba.com become a member they have a forum section and those lady's/gents are SOOOOOO helpful!!!!! They have a wedding/honeymoon section! With me going on the forum I found our photographer and she has led me to all other vendors! We are doing it just us and we are staying at occidental grand for 8nights however since it is just us we have the opportunity to have our ceremony where ever as we don't have to worry about transportation for guests! From what I have gathered if you have guests everyone seems to highly rec the Radisson with Lisa as the wedding coordinator. Good Luck, you have chosen paradise!!! If you have any other questions let me know (either here or Aruba.com) :)
  • Options
    From all of the info that I have gathered so far, the pricing seems to be from $3,000-7,000 for 20-30 people in Aruba. With that, we have decided to have the ceremony with just us two.

Do you mind me asking about how much it is costing you to have your ceremony/stay at the Occidental Grand? The fact that they have all inclusive is a major plus in our book, as we don't want to worry about anything while we are there.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    I sent you a pm
  • Options
    See, I'm reluctantly leaning against Aruba now since I heard that they require you to get married in the courthouse first. I will have guests and would rather have the actual ceremony on the beach in front of everyone. :(
  • Options
    We are getting married in Aruba in May as well. We are at Bucuti, but they are not doing weddings after this year.

As far as the Civil part of the ceremony, don't think of it as a court house, it is actually a historic mansion and is quite beautiful. I don't know how many people you are bringing but your guests can come to this part too.
    I am actually quite excited about that part of the service and it is a great excuse for a costume change.

We are not exchanging our rings until the beach ceremony later that day so it is really more like a 2 part ceremony.
  • Options
    When in May are you going????? We will be there 18th-26th getting married on the 19th!!!!! Congrats!!!! We will be getting married on Araschi Beach and we are having the ceremony streamed live as it will just be us :) we are staying at Occidental Grand
  • Options
    @divadancer11, which photographer are you using? I was thinking about using Angela from Bella Aruba Photography for my "trash the dress" photos. We are going to go with an outside wedding planner because we are not stay at a resort, so we will be using their photographer for the actual ceremony. Also, how are you streaming the ceremony? I would love to do that!!
  • Options
    YES,YES AND YES!!!!! I am using Angela for all photos (ceremony & trash the dress) Angela has assisted me for everything with all vendors and our videographer has the option to stream (for an extra charge). When are you getting married?
  • Options
    Sorry so long to reply, @divadance11, I don't seem to be getting updates that there are more posts...We are going to be in Aruba May 24-30 with the wedding(s) on the 28th.
  • Options
    @divadancer11 I've looked on Angela's website, and I love her work! I would love to see if I can find a way to steam the wedding on my own.. hmmm. We plan to get married the last week in November, no specific date as of yet. 
  • Options
    Well there is a company, I do stream, you could rent the equipment but would need a laptop. There are only 2 videographer on Aruba that stream.
  • Options
    Hi - I know I'm a bit late to the game on this one, but I hope my response is helpful. My husband and I got married in Aruba in October and it was amazing. 

Yes, you need to be legally married at the civil house to make it legal - we got married in the morning with only the judge, our witnesses and our parents present and then hung out on the beach for a few hours before the beach ceremony. At sunset, we had 65 of our friends and family attend the beach ceremony (which wasn't legal and more for show)...we had it at the Aruba Surfside Marina, which I can't recommend enough - the food, venue and the staff were amazing. The Marina was also very reasonable price-wise...venue, food, and alcohol worked out cheaper than anywhere else I called. Seriously - definitely give Simon at the Marina a call.

- HG
  • Options
    @divadancer11 Will you be having a wedding song? I was wondering how I would incorporate that into the wedding since it will only be the two of us. 
  • Options
    Yes, we will use our iPhone and probably buy some cheap speakers to plug into it. Have to have music :)
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking too! 
  • Options
    We are getting married in Aruba in May as well. We are at Bucuti, but they are not doing weddings after this year.

As far as the Civil part of the ceremony, don't think of it as a court house, it is actually a historic mansion and is quite beautiful. I don't know how many people you are bringing but your guests can come to this part too.
    I am actually quite excited about that part of the service and it is a great excuse for a costume change.

We are not exchanging our rings until the beach ceremony later that day so it is really more like a 2 part ceremony.

I am getting married at The Ritz Carlton Aruba in April 2015.  We are doing the same thing, and we won't be exchanging rings until our ceremony at the resort. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards