Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Table 13????

So it looks like I will have 13 tables (well, fourteen if you include the sweetheart table). 

As far as I can tell, unless I rename the tables (which I don't particularly want to do - the venue has table numbers in frames already that they use by default) I'll have a Table 13. Is that weird? I know it's superstitious, and I'm not particularly so... but it feels a little weird.  

I suppose I could skip 13 and have 14 instead (the venue puts even #s on one side, odd on the other, so I don't think it'd be too noticeable that there wasn't a Table 13)

Re: Table 13????

• Options
    Oh for pete's sake @dramamonkey.. just have table number 13. Unless you're truly superstitious (and even then...) this is a non-issue.

FWIW, I have a black cat and she makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world. :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @southernbelle0915 - can you tell I'm getting close to crunch time (12 days!) that I'm worrying about stupid shizz like this? LOL. I know I'm being ridiculous. 

Just curious what other people have done. I have enough people to do fewer tables, but I can't make the groupings work while still having fewer than 10 people per table (8 is ideal). 
  • Options
    WCCS112013WCCS112013 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2013

I am getting married in 12 days myself...congratulations to you! I opted out of the table numbers truthfully because I plan on having my older relatives and they're very keen on how close their table is relative to the bride & groom's table. Instead, I went with Table Names; since I'm gettng married in Aruba, I chose names of "things" that relate to the island: i.e starfish,lighthouse etc....I used the wesite called Etsy to get acrylic design made of the table names. For an extra oomph, I'm going to submege them in my centerpieces with a tealight behind it. Here's the link to the acrylic designs:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/157619496?ref=fb2_tnx_title - Good luck!

• Options
    We got married on 10.13.13 -- in large part because 13 is my favourite number. We had 13 tables. To me, that was a happy coincidence.

FWIW, though, we did table letters rather than numbers, so people who are superstitious wouldn't be pissy about being at Table 13  (And by 'people' I mean 'DH's BSC battleaxe grandmother, who likes to pitch fits about everything, all the time.')
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I had 15 tables so I definitely had a table 13.  We used Ravens players names and numbers and not the traditional 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.  But if we had and we numbered a table 13 I doubt I would have thought twice about it.  It is just a number.

Is the whole year you are 13 bad luck?  No.  So a table 13 is not bad luck either.

• Options
    @southernbelle0915 - can you tell I'm getting close to crunch time (12 days!) that I'm worrying about stupid shizz like this? LOL. I know I'm being ridiculous. 

Just curious what other people have done. I have enough people to do fewer tables, but I can't make the groupings work while still having fewer than 10 people per table (8 is ideal). 
    LOL! You're good - just keep calm and carry on. :)  Use the next 12 (11?) days to relax and do something nice for yourself. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

every marriage that had a table 13 at their reception has ended in divorce.

just kidding. no big deal.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WTF
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards