New Jersey
Options

Photographer help based on my budget/ desires

The photographer hunt has proven so difficult for me! Ideal budget is $3500 max and I want it to include:
  • 10 hours of coverage
  • no restriction on number of images
  • 10 x 10 album
  • 2 photographers
  • rights to images
  • all images on CD or USB
  • amazing pictures!
I have looked at so many websites and we have met with 2 companies with one more to come. One is over budget and the other 2 are under. But I feel like we haven't found THE ONE yet and I don't think I am totally in love with any of the companies' pictures.

Any suggestions based on these criteria? Or do I honestly need to up the budget a little? Or should I chill out and listen to FI who thinks they are all great?

Re: Photographer help based on my budget/ desires

• Options
    I am paying just under that and getting more  (also includes engagement shoot, guest book, parent albums, mini albums, prints and no limit on hours the day of the wedding). I am working with Kinga at KS photo. Her work is amazing and her personality is perfect for the role. My only complaint is that she can be a bit slow to get back to you about things, but I know it is well worth it in the end. Here are a couple of our engagement photos -- you can probably check out her site and her FB page too. 

Getting married next weekend!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ETA:  Just realized we're getting married on the same day so recommending my photographer won't be of any help.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    who have you met with already?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We met with Figtree Productions and Susan Hennessey. The other appointment we didn't have yet is with Justin Pedrick. I also just scheduled one with Milton Gil but they may be more $ than we are hoping to spend; they did not want to give specifics over email.

@JerseyAKL, checking out KS website now!
  • Options
    The pricing I got from Jason Rhee is right around your budget and includes everything your asking for plus an engagement session. 

Also look into Karmapants Photography - she's right in that range also just not sure whats included in her package. She takes awesome pictures though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jason Rhee is booked for our date :( Will check on Karmapants!
  • Options
    Hi! My sister was married a few weeks ago and used Jason Rhee and loved him, so I was disappointed to see he was booked for your date. After I was married a NJ bride found Whitney Stanek and raved about her. If I could do it all over again I'd give her a call. I can't directly recommend her but here's her website: http://www.whitneystanek.com/
  • Options
    Try Robert Wayne Photography

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! Checking on Whitney Stanek. Robert Wayne's quote was a little higher than I want since he prices everything a la carte, plus he is far away.
  • Options
    We used Stephanie Jones Photography and our package included everything you have listed (although off the top of my head I'm honestly not sure about the album size). 

• Options
    If it makes you feel better, I want something similar (except swap album for engagement session) and am coming to terms spending $4000 (with extra for tax) instead of $3500 and still haven't found the one.  I know one bride who wasn't happy with Rhee.  Any other advice in terms of who to look for would be great!!
  • Options

Hmmm, I was going to recommend Jason Rhee (who we met with and liked but didn't select) and Robert Wayne Photography (who we loved and hired).  Based on what we plan to do and what you've listed, I'd be very surprised that he doesn't fit within your budget.  It may be the matter of the second photographer (which we're not doing).  Maybe rethink that part or talk to Bob to see what he can do about that.

• Options
    I had talked to Robert Wayne when we first started looking and his base price was good, but it didn't include 2nd photographer or album. By the time we added those, he was pricier and he is pretty far from where we live so I decided not to bother.

We ended up booking KS and got a good deal. The other 2 we were deciding between were Justin Pedrick & Susan Hennessey. Neither is super well known. My FI liked them all but I ultimately wanted KS because they had a better reputation/ more reviews. I think both of the others would be great though. They were both around $2900.
  • Options
    We looked at Jason Rhee and Robert Wayne and we ended up booking with Robert Wayne Photography...we LOVED our engagement photos and he is extremely reasonable for the quality of work you get! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards