Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Looooong drive!

Talk about a long drive home from work...my daily commute home is typically an hour and fifteen minutes and it took me 8 1/2 hours today!!!!!!!!!!!!  I thought I was going to lose my mind!  Hope you all survived the storm, too!  Good luck tomorrow morning!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Looooong drive!

• Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YIKES! That is miserable! First thing I thought of is 8 1/2 hrs... were you absolutely STARVING when you got home??

Hope you are able to work from home today! Stay safe and warm!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!   Thats terrible....hope you don't have to go in today!! Be careful out there if you do, I'm just about to leave too and I'm hoping the roads aren't too bad....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely called out!  I was so exhausted that I didn't even hear my first few alarms this morning. 

DB - yes, I was starving and my bladder was about to burst!

The worst part is there were many people stuck into the early hours of the morning today! YIKES!  That makes me feel lucky!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh my! That's terrible but glad you made it home safe!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes! That stinks! My one friend was stuck by Tyson's and it took her 8 hours to go less than 30 miles. She had to pee in a cup...
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad that you're okay.

I read today that there are a ton of stranded vehicles on the side of the road.

I wonder when the DC/VA/MD area will be able to handle the snow. It's not like there aren't heavy winters. I've lived here for 6 years and every year we've gotten a lot of snow!

FI works about 2 miles away. He left work pretty early and it still took him an hour to get home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI works in DC but lives in NoVa, and it took him 2 hrs to do his 20 minute commute - sounds like his story isnt so bad comparatively.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I was complaining that it took me 2 hours to walk home last week I can't imagine 8 hours driving.

I really think DC should be shut down, or atleast let your employees work from home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_looooong-drive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:edb4672a-5922-44a8-a39d-a7e75e696acbPost:49a8c1a0-caed-4986-87c1-f116c8bc5a6e">Looooong drive!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Talk about a long drive home from work...my daily commute home is typically an hour and fifteen minutes and it took me 8 1/2 hours today!!!!!!!!!!!!  I thought I was going to lose my mind!  Hope you all survived the storm, too!  Good luck tomorrow morning!
    Posted by carlyanne05[/QUOTE]

Gah, I cannot imagine 8 1/2 hours!! Where do you commute to and from? I just metro to Alexandria (Van Dorn) from downtown. It took me an hour and 45 min. yesterday... not all due to metro, but waiting for a bus to take me home. I should've just walked the mile home, but I wasn't sure how slippery it would be, plus I figured the bus would come relatively on time. It was crazy- it was pouring down rain at King St., then I got to Van Dorn 5 minutes later and it was coming down in heavy, wet flakes.

I wonder how bad it will be when all of this wetness and slush re-freezes.... stay safe ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards