Flowers

Gold Hurricane vases?

Any places of where I can order them online? This was suggested by one of our florist and I wanted to see if it would be cheaper to find them on my own.  Is it possible to find them cheaper or do you think the florist will be able to get them cheaper I'll probably need no more than 15.

Anniversary

Re: Gold Hurricane vases?

• edited November 2013
    I would go to a craft store and buy a glass vase and a can of gold spray paint (the crackle kind might look cool). Youtube how to do this so you don't get drip runs. I would test your hand at DIYing this. See how it turns out and go from there.

ETA: since you'll be spray painting them anyway, you could always get really cheap used ones in any color on craigslist.
    *********************************************************************************

• Interesting idea I didn't think to spray paint vases. I don't mind the work I worry about them looking amateurish and cheap.

Anniversary

• LlikotdesserdLlikotdesserd member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    I found these at Michaels Craft Store a week or two ago. They often have coupons and sales for 40% off etc. Good luck!
  • ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    Interesting idea I didn't think to spray paint vases. I don't mind the work I worry about them looking amateurish and cheap.

It can look a little cheesy, if done poorly. But if you get a good quality brand of spray paint- Design Master is my absolute favorite- and work in light coats, it works. If you do light coats layered in two different golds, even better. It gives a depth to the paint that makes a subtle but definite difference. (Just like coloring my hair. A little depth and difference in tone keep it more natural looking.)
  • @llikotdesserd thanks I didn't even think of Michael's or a craft store!  Thos are real pretty too!

Anniversary

• They had several sizes available, good luck!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards