Registry and Gift Forum

If you registered for china did you also register for chargers?

Asking just because I am curious. 

DH and I don't do formal dinners but my parents do.  They love to use their china and got inexpensive chargers to go with it.  Because they like the chargers so much they actually leave them out for the meal.  I like them and feel like if you are going to go formal why not go all out.

So, do you have them/want them?  Why or why not?

Re: If you registered for china did you also register for chargers?

• We have china, but we didn't register chargers.  Growing up my family used china without chargers.  I guess since I've never seen chargers used, I just didn't see the desire in getting them.  
  • I registered for white bone china at Macy's and stainless steel chargers at Crate & Barrel (a set of four is roughly $50).

I don't do a lot (or any) formal dining, but they make the table pretty.  :)

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Yes, we registered for a full set of china and also chargers. I love mine. I got very classic china and went a bit more fun with the chargers. Both sets came from Bloomingdales.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did not register for chargers - went for the accent plates instead. I like the options (holiday, fun patterns, etc) that come with accent plates without locking you in. Some basically the same reason people like chargers :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We did accent plates instead, like pp.  That way we basically have a set of 12 salad plates and 12 accent plates that can double as dessert plates in a pinch.  H's family alone is 9 people, so we will need at least 18 smaller plates when we host for Thanksgiving.  As soon as his little brother gets married (probably going to happen soon) that will go up to 10 people and 20 plates we need, and once babies come along, well we are going to run out.

I like chargers, but they don't really serve any purpose since you're supposed to put the plates on top of them.  We have limited space, so we didn't register for them for that reason.  However, I may talk H into buying some if/when we buy a house and have some extra space.  I do like the way they look.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered for a full set of china, but no chargers.  I guess it wasn't high on the priority list, but it would be something I would consider purchasing at a later date when we have a bigger house with more storage space.  But if you see something you like, you should go for it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards