Snarky Brides

Oh, you got married a year ago, but are having a wedding tonight?

d2vad2va member
5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
edited November 2013 in Snarky Brides
Realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? 

I was so tempted to post it on facebook, but I didnt want to seem like a bitch.

Back story, married last year - full on ceremony, white dress etc. Has been what I "think" is legally married this whole time. Out of no where I see on facebook that they are in NYC with friends, and guess what? They are having a fucking wedding?? 

So what the fuck is going on with these bitches? 

Re: Oh, you got married a year ago, but are having a wedding tonight?

• d2va said:

Back story, married last year - full on ceremony, white dress etc. Has been what I "think" is legally married this whole time. Out of no where I see on facebook that they are in NYC with friends, and guess what? They are having a fucking wedding?? 

Ask.
  • zitiqueen said:
    d2va said:

Ask.
    Im so tempted to message her:

"Hey, I see youre getting married again to your husband. xoxo 

p.s. diaf "
  • Updated their facebook status....

" Only few get to marry their soul mate twice. You are amazing  --- HUSBANDS NAME--- " 

UGHHHHHHHHHH
  • Very curious now... Did the original officiant turn out to b a fraud or something and their marriage license was invalid because uh that's the only possible scenario where this could be acceptable
  • Amyzen83 said:
    Very curious now... Did the original officiant turn out to b a fraud or something and their marriage license was invalid because uh that's the only possible scenario where this could be acceptable

My co-worker and I are completely dumbfounded by this. Im so confused, and especially annoyed.
  • And even if wedding 1 turned out to not b real do to things outside of couples control, why does wedding 2 need to b a huge shindig? I think that point I'd do the jop thing becus vows would have been said during WEDDING #1!
  • Amyzen83 said:
    Very curious now... Did the original officiant turn out to b a fraud or something and their marriage license was invalid because uh that's the only possible scenario where this could be acceptable
    Oh this reminds me of the story our officiant told us: The couple getting married either forgot the marriage license or the license was expired by 1 day, I don't remember which. So they went ahead with the ceremony but technically didn't get married the day they had their wedding and reception. Also, the groom didn't tell the bride until they got back from their honeymoon. 
    But they didn't do the whole thing over, they just went to the officiants house and she married them in her living room.

• "Oh my God, I didn't know you had gotten divorced?! Glad you worked it out!"

LMAO! 
    This!
  • laurynm84 said:

Amyzen83 said:

Oh this reminds me of the story our officiant told us: The couple getting married either forgot the marriage license or the license was expired by 1 day, I don't remember which. So they went ahead with the ceremony but technically didn't get married the day they had their wedding and reception. Also, the groom didn't tell the bride until they got back from their honeymoon. 
    But they didn't do the whole thing over, they just went to the officiants house and she married them in her living room.

See this is how it should b done if such a scenario were to happen. However that sounds like terrible planning on couples part
  • Seriously OP, you care why? Because they asked you to contribute financially? Or they invited you and you think the whole thing is just ridiculous? No, you just saw it on Facebook and considered messaging the woman a shitty, rude remark? Here's a simple solution: defriend her if you find the things she and her spouse do and post on the internet offensive. Obviously the friends they were partying with were cool with the plan so seriously, who cares? Block them from your Newsfeed and move on. 
  • scribe95 said:

It's a fair question to me. I mean it's not even a typical PPD scenario where they got married quietly and a year later had the big to do. It's kind of opposite so I definitely get the confusion/question.

Also, this is the snarky board so of all places this post is perfectly fine it's here. If you didn't like it why didn't you just move on without commenting just like you are directing this poster to do?

It wasn't particularly snarky, it was stupid. Snark would imply some amount of wit. Being upset with something that is clearly not even her business, threatening to be an ass, then bitching about it elsewhere is just dumb. 
  • mobkaz said:
    Seriously OP, you care why? Because they asked you to contribute financially? Or they invited you and you think the whole thing is just ridiculous? No, you just saw it on Facebook and considered messaging the woman a shitty, rude remark? Here's a simple solution: defriend her if you find the things she and her spouse do and post on the internet offensive. Obviously the friends they were partying with were cool with the plan so seriously, who cares? Block them from your Newsfeed and move on. 
    .........says the poster who is planning her own PPD and makes no bones about lying to her guests.
    Word. 

This girl had two wedding for why? Snark away!
  • Op can post whatever she wants this is a snarky board and it's a good way to blow off steam. Also posting about the faux paux wedding ideas shows new brides examples of poor ideas and saves them from getting their special snowflakes feelings hurt when trying to justify their bad ppd ideas. I'll step off my soapbox now.
  • i hate facebook. just a platform for dummies to post dumb shit in general. it's led me to lose respect for so many. 
  • Happy I deactivated mine
  • d2va said:
    scribe95 said:

It's a fair question to me. I mean it's not even a typical PPD scenario where they got married quietly and a year later had the big to do. It's kind of opposite so I definitely get the confusion/question.

Also, this is the snarky board so of all places this post is perfectly fine it's here. If you didn't like it why didn't you just move on without commenting just like you are directing this poster to do?

It wasn't particularly snarky, it was stupid. Snark would imply some amount of wit. Being upset with something that is clearly not even her business, threatening to be an ass, then bitching about it elsewhere is just dumb. 
    I dont care what it is, or what it isnt to YOU. 

Should I care? No, its not my wedding. Can I be confused and judgy? HELL FUCK YEAH!

Like an above poster mentioned, she didnt even have the courtesy to hide the fact that she is IN FACT already married. 

...and yes, why would I not be tempted to ask her WHY exactly she feels the need to have to weddings to the same person. Clearly, I didnt, because quite frankly I dont give 2 shits, but it is quite amusing, and annoying how women these days ( as a previous poster mentioned - seems like you too are one of these women) want their pretty princess day, and this particular one, wanted TWO!

If you dont like my snark, my bitching, my anything step the hell out of this thread. You should create a thread or make a post about your PPD, Im sure everyone would LOVE to hear all those details. 
    Be careful what you wish for, d2va!  Check out threads on the etiquette board regarding destination weddings with second receptions, and the PSA at the top of that board regarding being legally married and now having a "real" wedding.  Get comfy and enjoy the train wreck.
  • I never use to hear of this and now it seems almost common for some crazy reason. I wonder what is going on with this?
  • On my 16th birthday my parents found out that their marriage license from more than 20 years previous was never registered with the government (there was apparently miscommunication between the officiant and them) and that the government hadn't considered them legally married! It got fixed and back-dated 20 years though hahaha. 

It sounds like she had a renewal ceremony type deal but it was only a year....definitely a bit odd..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards