Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Missing gifts? Sticky situation...

Re: Missing gifts? Sticky situation...

• Do you have any reason to believe there was a gift that was left behind, lost, stolen, or something? 
  • avaday2u said:
    Our wedding went great, but in the rush to get everything packed up and out at the site (we were already gone) I fear that something was left behind.

I have emailed my coordinator and she has managed to avoid answering the question twice (yet keeps asking me to write a review).  I have asked my mother and she doesn't remember anything being left behind.

Now, how do you go about asking/finding out if those who came brought a gift/card something without looking like a brat.

I'm afraid that someone's feelings will be hurt if they don't receive a thank you note.  But I want to know if something was left behind.

I also don't think that the coordinator is "holding things hostage" pending my review, but it seems strange that she won't answer my question...

Any advice would be great...  or maybe I should just let it go...

Ugh...
    Have you tried picking up the phone and calling?  
  • So what exactly are you saying? Your post is *this* close to outright accusing your coordinator of stealing from you, with no proof AND with no corroboration that anything is missing at all.
    Unless you have a specific reason to think something went wrong, I would simply thank your guests for what they gave you. If you are really worried, maybe check your registries and mark "completed" items off your list of received gifts to see if anything pops up.
  • Ditto what doeydo said.

Send everyone in attendance a thank you note, either thanking them for the gift you have received, or just for attending if you don't have a gift from them.  I suspect that anyone who gave a gift, but only received a thank you for attending will mention it to someone you're close to.
  • I agree with PP.  I gave a thank you card to everyone...including those who didn't bring a gift (they did come to the wedding).
  • Ditto what doeydo said.

Send everyone in attendance a thank you note, either thanking them for the gift you have received, or just for attending if you don't have a gift from them.  I suspect that anyone who gave a gift, but only received a thank you for attending will mention it to someone you're close to.
    No. Don't do that. The reception is their thank you for coming. To send another thank you (in the form of a card) can come across as gift grabby. There's no need to send a thank you card for pure attendance.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards