Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Need a recommendation for a Florist in Center City

Can anyone recommend a great florist in Philadelphia? I need suggestions asap. I'm getting married at the Ritz Carlton and they recommended a few, but I want a recommendation from an actual bride that has worked one on one with someone. I've heard some horror stories of florists delivering dead flowers and/ or missing centerpieces. I don't just want someone who does exceptional work, I also want someone who is reliable. And definitely someone who thinks outside the box rather than the "traditional" florist who suggests whites and creams in hydrangea and roses. 

Re: Need a recommendation for a Florist in Center City

• I'm going to copy my previous post for you because the same applies to your situation.

My florist did a remarkable job on my flowers and I felt her prices were really fair and fell within my budget.  She's very budget friendly and uses flowers you may not have even heard of to keep her prices lower plus she comes up with really creative suggestions instead of using a ton of flowers.  She also works out of her home so that she doesn't have the overhead of a store which helps with her pricing.  She says she doesn't do high end weddings probably because she doesn't charge high end prices.  My low centerpieces were very full and my high pieces were really unique - she made "lamps" with roses in them which people talked about all night long.  Check out her blog and website:  whimsicalwelcomesflowers.blogspot.com.  Leslie is terrific to work with and I doubt that she'd be 7K for flowers.  When I checked around she was more than 1K less than other florists for what I wanted.  Even though she's located in the suburbs I know she works in Philly.  She's definitely worth the trip. 
  • I worked with Carl Alan Events, specifically Vito. You can see some of our flowers here: http://www.sparkphotography.com/cairnwood-estate-caroline-brian/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards