Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invitation Address Labels - yes or no?

I was going to attempt to hand write the addresses on our envelopes based on traditional etiquette and the fact that my writing is quite nice. But we chose the invitations below which offer an "address label wrap:" the label wraps around the envelope with our return address on the right side of the back and the guest's address on the front. As shown in the 4th picture of the link:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/91903981/contemporary-triple-striped-modern?ref=favs_view_16

FI is OBSESSED with the labels and thinks they make the invitation,

So, to label or not to label?

Re: Invitation Address Labels - yes or no?

• Options
    Be prepared for the etiquette queens to tell you that labels are a no no. Personally I think they are fine.  Especially if they come with your invites, which I must say look pretty cool. 
  • Options
    Per etiquette labels are a no no.  But honestly, to me it is just an envelope so even though it is nice to get a hand written envelope in the mail I really could not care less either way because in the end I rip it up and throw it in the trash whether it is handwritten or not.  (And I meant the envelop not the actual invitation.)

• Options
    It's one of those things that are technically incorrect per etiquette but ultimately a victimless crime.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Victimless crime - if you want to do labels do it. I hand addressed bc I wanted the extra personal touch on the invites. STDs, reply cards and return address were labels, printed and stamped respectively ;)

Do those meet USPS requirements? The font looks super small in the photo. They have guidelines and you might want to check and be sure before buying off etsy :) They are cute tho!
    GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Etiquette does say that hand-written is best, followed by stamping or directly printing on the envelope and that labels are a no-no.  I don't love labels because I do feel like it makes invites look a little like a mass-mailing after you've put in the effort to select them and word them appropriately but I agree it's a victimless crime. I've never been offended by an invitation with a label instead of handwritten address, it's really just more of a preference- labels don't make you a poor host the way a potluck or a cash bar does.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards