Outdoor Weddings
Options

Ceremony will be perfect BUT the isle & seating area is on GRAVEL...

molly&kevinmolly&kevin member
First Comment
edited November 2013 in Outdoor Weddings
We are having our ceremony and reception on my parents' property next summer. We decided to go with that location because:

1. it's free (in a part of the country that is super duper expensive, so we're saving thousands of dollars) 
2. we can make any and all adjustments and have a lot more freedom with the space and schedule
3. they have a mountain property with an absolutely stunning view 
4. they have a large building that they regularly hold events in for the family business

The ceremony will be held outside, followed by a stone-patio cocktail hour, and then an indoor reception. The ceremony location will have the gorgeous views front and center, and my fiance and I will be standing on an elevated stone platform that's already there. All that is what makes me feel it is worth it!

Here's the problem: My parents' don't have a typical grass lawn, so the aisle and seating area is actually gravel. And not cute little pea-gravel, either. Like bigger chunky rock gravel. The theme of the wedding is "mountain-rustic" anyways, so it's not like I'm expecting something super elegant, but I just wish there was a way to cover it up. Especially the isle, because I don't want to trip on my way to the altar, haha. Is there an isle-runner that I could use that's really thick and will mask the gravel? Any other ideas?

Re: Ceremony will be perfect BUT the isle & seating area is on GRAVEL...

• Options
    aisle runner or artificial turf
  • Options
    Have you considered just wearing flats or wedges? I honestly think artificial turf might look kinda cheesy. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Yea, I'm trying to go for a natural look, artificial turf just ain't my thing. I'm considering a sturdy heel or even a low-profile cowgirl boot to provide some stability. I just think covering the gravel will pull the whole site together and make it look more polished.
  • Options
    thanks for the pictures!
  • Options
    My mind doesn't always think things through so I'm sorry if this sounds ridiculous but what if you took a heavy duty driveway broom and swept all the gravel to each side of the aisle so it just left a solid dirt aisle? Then you could either put flower petals or a runner on that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards