Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

I <3 pictures and need the PERFECT photographer! Help! :)

One of my major concerns is not picking the 'right' photographer for my wedding.  I want to make sure I choose someone with an eye for perfect candid shots.  Any suggestions of photographers in the Pittsburgh/Beaver County area??Undecided

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I <3 pictures and need the PERFECT photographer! Help! :)

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what's your budget?
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Milla C. Photography. It is a husband and wife team and their work is stunning, Also, a lot of the brides on here like Randi Voss - whose work I also like. However, it is hard to recommend a photographer without knowing your budget, like MD said.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oo lindsay i didnt know milla C was your photographer! Love her work.

Randi is my photographer and I love her personality and her work. But she currently starts at 3400 I think, which is out of a lot of people's budgets.  Let us know what you want to spend and we'll do our best with recommendations.
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Randi. She was the first vendor I booked as soon as I had a reception hall. I also emailed with Joey Kennedy, Dana Scheller, Joanna Fassinger, and The Brand Studio. They are all pretty similar in style and price.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We used Caryn Azure Photography. I love her work & we were so happy with how our photos turned out. I believe her packages start at $3,000...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We used Caitlin Thomas Photography. We spent around $2000. You can check out my bio for all the pictures.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer is Don Wright.  He's a freelance photogapher who does news & sports but also does a certain # of weddings a year.  I also wanted a photogapher who had a good eye for candid shots & I like the look & feel of the photos on his website & what he showed us in our initial meeting.  He also has a range of prices for his packages.  The 1 we chose was around $2800.  Like a few others mentioned it would be helpful to know how much you would like to spend.

A few other photographers I saw that I liked were: R. Fritz, Jeff Swenson, Erica Hilliard, Sephanie Strasburg

Hope this helps!
  • mgcobertmgcobert member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My budget should be 2000, but a photographer is very important so I'm willing to skim from other areas.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I echo Stephanie Strasburg and Caitlin Thomas. We're going with Stephanie. I really like Michael Will's work also but he may be out of your price range.
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • ljs283ljs283 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Pamela Marie Photography who I don't see too often on here, but she is great and has similar style to Randi which I know alot of  people use. Really good friends of mine whose wedding I was in used her and she was awesome. Our photographer, Pamela Marie, is awesome too! I love her work. I wanna say we paid, 3200 and we got the middle package. I'm not sure what she starts at now, but she used to start at 2600 maybe? good luck!
    Everything happens for a reason; Don't regret anything you've done in the past because at some point it's what you wanted
  • edited December 2011
    www.bobsrdochphotography.com

They're a husband and wife team. They are stationed out of Hudson, Ohio, but would be willing to travel to Pittsburgh. They've done a couple weddings I've been in and I have loved the pictures. They do some great candid shots while still making sure that you get all the "required" ones too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards