November 2013 Weddings

Well we did it!

I am officially Mrs. November!
Weather held out for us, so that was good, I was able to get outdoor photos, although I froze my tush off LOL.

The flowers came out better than I ever could have imagined.  They were breathtaking.  My bouquet was black magic roses with some scattered mini white cala lillies.  

The only snags came with the food.  I have an allergy to rosemary and the sauce on the meat had rosemary in it.  The venue knew of my allergy and I was supposed to get my steak without sauce.  I take the cloche off of the plate and there is sauce on my plate.  They bring me another one, and for some reason decided to butterfly the filet so the meat wasn't tender.  After that I just asked for a plate of mashed potatoes, I needed to eat SOMETHING and that took a good half hour.  They bring me another steak that was totally overdone, so I was not happy that I didn't get to have the steak that I had been dreaming of for months since we had the tasting in July.  

The other issue was that the bakery gave us the wrong flavor cake, it was supposed to be lemon pound with raspberry swirl and it was regular pound.  Then the venue had us cut the wrong layer so we didn't get the filling we wanted.  

Other than that, so many people told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to.  The DJ was amazing and seriously got just about every single person on the dance floor, which I have never seen before.  Unfortunately it was happening as I was dealing with my meal issues.  I wish I had never asked for a meal to begin with and just sides to avoid all of the issues.

So glad that we took today off as I am still exhausted.  We work two days this week, and then leave NEXT Friday on our honeymoon after working almost a full week.  I can't believe it is over!

Re: Well we did it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards