May 2014 Weddings
Options

Invite Question

Okay, so I finally picked out the invites I like (thank you weddingpaperdivas) and I'm still tweaking them a bit.  My question is this, do you think if I put information on the back of the invite people would read it?  Or do you think it would get missed.  On the back of the invite is our wedding website, where we are registered (or will be registered once we get to it), and I'm figuring out a tactful way to say no children under 16 allowed.  Please don't tell the etiquette queens I'm writing it on the invite.  I have had several people with children strongly suggest I write it on the invite so its clear and there isn't a question.  Anyways, I was just wondering if people would look at the back.  Cause I'm not putting an insert or anything into the invites cause it costs more money.  Also any suggestions on how to ask no children would also be welcome.  Thanks ladies!!
Anniversary

Re: Invite Question

• Options
    I received an invitation to a wedding a couple months ago. On the day of the wedding the groom was texting everyone telling them that the address they put for the reception hall wouldn't get them there using GPS and they needed to look at the back of the invitation for the map. I never looked at the back to see the map and obviously nobody else really did either since he was sending out texts the day of the wedding about it. 
  • Options
    Could you maybe put a discreet note at the bottom of the front saying something like, 'Additional information on reverse'?

• Options
    @pumpkinsandturkeys I was thinking that.  I just wasn't sure if it was needed or not.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You could place the web address to website on bottom of the invite or on flap of envelope. Than place all the information you want your guest to know on the website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @soon to be Mrs Jay, I don't want all the information there either.  There will be quite a few elderly people there, and other people in general who would appreciate the information right on hand, and not have to seek it out.  The information is still on the website for those who would like to visit it, but I don't want to require my guests to go there for basic information.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Can you print your own insert? 

That could be a cheaper/lighter alternative.  We're using the direction and hotel information cards that those vendors already gave us.  They're lighter and already printed so it won't add any additional cost to the invitation itself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In regards to the back of the invitation, I know a lot of people miss that. Also, it opens the door to people saying they didn't get the information even if they did. I like @futureMrsN3312 suggestion. You can order 100 business cards from vistaprint for like $10, and that could be your insert. It would cost the same in postage, everyone would see it and you would get to choose who needed what information.

re: the kids thing - @tho127 had this suggestion a little while ago for a polite way to say no kids: In an effort to include and accommodate all of our family and friends within our seating capacity, we have opted to celebrate this day with adults only.
  • Options
    Instead of flat out saying "no kids" on the invitations.  I have a line to fill in on the response card with the "Number Attending".  Before sending them out to guests I will fill in the number of guests they are allowed.  I'm hoping they will get the hint so we don't have to make a bunch of awkward phone calls.

I attached my card so you can kinda see what I'm talking about.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @futuremrsn3312 My response cards already have the reserved seating numbers.  Which when I talked to a bunch of ladies who were all married and with kids, they all agreed that wouldn't be enough.  But I do like the idea of printing out my own insert.  I may just pick up blank business cards at office max and put the information on that. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ah. Yea I'd try to figure out some type of insert. Doesn't have to be fancy. When invites get sent to FIs house I'm lucky if I even see them. I highly doubt he would think to flip it over to look for info nor would I.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards