Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony songs/ timing

Just wondering how everyone has/will play their ceremony songs for the seating of the mothers/ processional/ entering of the bride? 

Do you have separate songs for each? Playing the entire song, or just a section to match the amount of people who will be walking at that time? 

Letting any songs you have chosen play into one another, regardless of who is walking? Special song just for you?

I have two songs that I really like and want to play as part of the ceremony procession and myself walking down the aisle. Both songs are about 4 minutes long. Thinking about how to plan/arrange them and the processional itself. 

Re: Ceremony songs/ timing

• Options
    Speak to your DJ or ceremony musician. They have done this many times before. 

For our wedding I think we had 2 or 3 songs (I can't remember). I told the DJ the number of people processing and he was then able to work out the song so that it would only play for that length of time. You do not want to play the entire song because then you will have periods where no one is walking and your guests are going to be like "WTF is the hold up?"

• Options
    As a wedding flutist, don't worry, we got this!  For every wedding, during the rehearsal, I worked with the accompanist to find where we could repeat if we needed more time or cut if we needed less time--without sounding chopped. Most musicians will be able to adjust and go with the flow just discuss what you want with them and make sure your coordinator knows the timing/musical cues for who goes when.  
  • Options
    sarahf09 said:
    As a wedding flutist, don't worry, we got this!  For every wedding, during the rehearsal, I worked with the accompanist to find where we could repeat if we needed more time or cut if we needed less time--without sounding chopped. Most musicians will be able to adjust and go with the flow just discuss what you want with them and make sure your coordinator knows the timing/musical cues for who goes when.  
    Ditto!  Any half-way decent musician will know how to repeat and adjust or taper off even if it's not technically the end of the song.

Our pianist kept an eye on the aisle and adjusted as needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards