Wedding Woes

Confession Morning

I'm listening to Christmas music on Pandora and surprised at how many I know the words to.

My sister is pre-engaged and we went to look at a venue last weekend. <Don't tell anybody>

Re: Confession Morning

• Pre-Engaged?  I didn't know this was a thing.  ;)

I do remember you talking about it though.

I'm holding off on Christmas music until after Tday.  BUT, I am definitely ready for christmas music.  YAY!
  • That's what I have termed it. She wanted me to go with her to look for bm's dresses and that's when I have to put my foot down.

No ring=no trying on bm dresses

• Smart NOLA, noone has time for that.  Plus, that deserves a side-eye. 
  • I haven't listened to any Christmas music, but I've been singing it at DefConn's request.  

He asked me to sing to him last night and I started singing a song I know in Italian and he said, "No mama!  Christmas songs!" 
  • I give her a pass. At 44, I would be a tad excited too. They both agree that it's going to be next year in the fall. He's still saving for the ring she wants, and she's pre-planning the big day. With my help of course.:)

He doesn't know about her pinterest board, though.:)

• hmmmmm, does she have a promise ring?

• Okay, he's smart.  Saving is good, and talking about expectations is good.  Plusalso, you're her sister, you know WAY more about this than us interwebz strangers.
  • I confess that I can't figure out why anyone would want to participate in Black Friday when Cyber Monday exists.

• I confess that I can't figure out why anyone would want to participate in Black Friday when Cyber Monday exists.

Yes!!! When there's Amazon, the rest of the interwebs, and a valid credit card, who actually needs to go to the mall??? :D

We go to a locally owned toy store for any toy shopping and that's it. I don't even have to set foot in a Toys R Us :). Murderous rage averted.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • No, just a verbal contract. hee

They're good together, so I have given my blessing.

• I've been out on Black Friday twice...maybe three times.  Only with MIL and SIL.  And SIL/BFF, if she and BIL were with us.  

I prefer Cyber Monday or even better, buying stuff here and there starting in August.  Meijer and Target end of summer toy clearance is where it's at.  :)  
  • We love cyber Monday, that with Amazon prime? Done and done.
    But for toys, we do the same as @dharmabunny, there is a great family owned small chain here, they have all the learning toys and such. We have always gotten nieces tis there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards