Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

DJ

One of my biggest wedding fears is no one dancing! So, I want a great DJ... is Andy Booth the way to go? I did the "instant quote" and it said $1,000... is that a lot or a good deal? I have no idea how much they run.
RT + JB
Wedding Countdown Ticker
The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.

Re: DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    To me, $1000 seems expensive! I paid a lot less than that for my DJ.

People recommend Any Hutlymeyer, but he was busy for my date. A friend of mine did my wedding, the dance floor was always full.  If you want his info, email me at jennybee1018 at gmail dot com.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't say enough good things about Jodi Colella of Accents Unlimited.
    She did a phenomenal job dj'ing my daughter's recent wedding.

Music selection was perfect and the dance floor was packed all night long!
    She also had lights and was wonderful in announcing the wedding party, special dances, cake cutting, etc.

www.accentsunlimited.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having JJ Dellaria who works with Andy Booth-but is cheaper-a few people have on here have recommended him as well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using DJ Mark Zini - I have heard great things about him and am so excited to have him for our day! He is a little more expensive but I think he'll be worth it - My wedding is in a very large space (carnegie museum music hall foyer) that is acoustically very bad so I wanted to be sure I had a DJ that has worked the venue before and knew how to handle the acoustics... I'm so excited about him! :)
  • Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used Andy Booth, I didn't pay $1k.  He had my dance floor rockin the entire night.  So if I had to do it all over again at that price, I'd say YEP...he's awesome and money well spent IMO!!! 

image Ivory
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These guys are great, if they weren't guests at my wedding, they would be the djs.  Excellent price, ridiculous selection (you could probably have the most obscure request and they would have it), and just very nice and very fun guys!

http://songbook.storybook-photo.com/
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally think $1,000 is a bit high but since that was an 'instant quote', maybe he would be willing to work with you.  I would just tell him what you want to spend and see if he would work with you.  I have heard just great reviews of both Andy Booth and Andy Hutlymeyer. 

My DJ was really good, too, but I'm not sure what his prices are now.  He used to work with my MIL so I know he cut us a good deal, and I think the last I heard, he was asking for like $800.  His name is Bob Kornrumpf from XELA Sound. 
    http://www.xelasound.com/

GL!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of the average going rate for DJs now, but I'm using Andy Booth and am super excited to work with him.  Although I haven't had my wedding yet, he's been great to work with so far and I had so many glowing recommendations for him as well.  He's very easy to get in touch with, knowledgable about all kinds of music, has easy planning tools for making song choices, etc.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards