Chit Chat
Options

Is silverware a "reason"? Lol

There are many reasons I am excited to be marrying my FI. Although 1 of those reasons is because I can't wait to switch out our silverware. My mom got me some really nice silverware when I was engaged last (shudders) as a wedding gift. I never opened it because I never got married. I keep telling myself I will not open it until after our wedding but I want to use it so bad because the silverware we currently have is old, mismatched and pieces are missing. Lol. I know silverware is not important but its sitting there in its box just staring at me every time I open the closet. Lol.

Re: Is silverware a "reason"? Lol

• Options
    It's funny how it's the little things that mean a lot isn't it?

• Options
    I think it's super weird to want to get married for the silverware. When I want new flatwear, I ordered some from Crate and Barrel.
  • Options
    Bwahaha I think this is funny!

• Options

@lauracichelly - Lol. Yes it is. Obviously this is not the main reason or one of the big reasons by far but the closer we get to the wedding the more excited I am to use them. The silverware we currently have is the same stuff I used in college. Lol

@freebread03 - I am not wanting to get married for the silverware. This is not the main reason or one of the big reasons by far / a long shot.

@tmclawchick - Lol.

• Options
    It's cool OP, I understand. New silverware is probably what FI is most excited about aside from all the other actual reasons we're getting married.  

Meanwhile I'm most excited about getting me some vision coverage. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    @chibiyui  We do not have to worry about vision. He doesn't wear glasses and my coverage is pretty good.
  • Options
    We often remark how happy we are to be married while gazing at our pretty dishes. :) Obviously, the gifts were not the point, but they sure are purty! The money we saved on car insurance is nice too.
  • Options
    I understand.  I was super excited when we were given our new stand mixer. I make excuses to use it; we always have lots of cookies in our house.  We didn't get married for the mixer and I would have bought it eventually anyways but it sure was a perk!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards