• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Invites and Paper

Envelopes wont stay sealed

It's about the time for me to send out our Save the Dates. I tried to seal some last night by doing what I usually do - licking them. Well I found out very quickly that they wont stay sealed that way. I tried using a glue stick but that didn't seem to work either - it is possible that the glue stick is pretty old. I don't remember when I got it.

Any ideas?

Re: Envelopes wont stay sealed

• I was going to suggest a glue stick until I finished reading your post. Liquid glue will leave those little swirly designs, so it's the best thing off the top of my head. Does your glue stick work on anything else? It might be time to replace it, or maybe you need a better one.

Are you wanting to change an assigned Knottie# name to a custom username? Hover over your avatar/name at the top right, click My Account, then click Change My Username
    hlvonb
  • What about using a sticker?  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    southernbelle0915hlvonb
  • @Schatzi13 - it worked for gluing construction paper to a wooden shaped heart for a prop I was making for someone.

@doeydo - Possibly

• Do you have fancy envelopes, like a slick paper? If so, you'll probably need a different glue that can grip it. Glue sticks are generally made for plain or construction paper, which is really porous.

The stickers should work. Can you get some that compliment your invite design?

How annoying that your envelopes won't close!

Are you wanting to change an assigned Knottie# name to a custom username? Hover over your avatar/name at the top right, click My Account, then click Change My Username
  • @Schatzi13 - FI bought a 2 pack of Elmers glue sticks and they seem to work really well. I did some envelopes last night and this afternoon they were still sealed. I am wondering if maybe they're "fancy" envelopes in terms of you can't get them wet? (Hence when I tried licking one shut - it didn't work). I am thinking the other glue stick I had was just old.
  • Well, any envelope you buy should be made so that you can seal it, yeah? I'm not an envelope whisperer or anything, but the only types I know about are self-seal (stuff on two sides that stick to one another, peel off instead of licking) or wet-and-stick. If there's some gummy something on it, it should shut and stay shut. I'm guessing that either you got a crap batch or the manufacturer screwed up.

Glad to hear that the new glue stick works.

• @Schatzi13

I think I must have got a bad few. I finished sealing the ones I had left earlier tonight and I actually licked one to see if it would stay sealed and it did. I didn't have to use the glue stick on that one. I didn't feel like experimenting with the 60 I had to do tonight so I used the glue stick on the last 59 lol.