Invites and Paper

Envelopes wont stay sealed

It's about the time for me to send out our Save the Dates. I tried to seal some last night by doing what I usually do - licking them. Well I found out very quickly that they wont stay sealed that way. I tried using a glue stick but that didn't seem to work either - it is possible that the glue stick is pretty old. I don't remember when I got it.

Any ideas?

Re: Envelopes wont stay sealed

• doeydodoeydo Southwestern Ontario member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers Second Anniversary
    What about using a sticker?  
    "I think you know immediately. As soon as your eyes meet. Then everything that happens from then on just proves that you have been right in that first moment. When you suddenly realize that you were incomplete and now you are whole." -Luce, Imagine Me & You
    southernbelle0915hlvonb
  • @Schatzi13 - it worked for gluing construction paper to a wooden shaped heart for a prop I was making for someone.

@doeydo - Possibly

• @Schatzi13 - FI bought a 2 pack of Elmers glue sticks and they seem to work really well. I did some envelopes last night and this afternoon they were still sealed. I am wondering if maybe they're "fancy" envelopes in terms of you can't get them wet? (Hence when I tried licking one shut - it didn't work). I am thinking the other glue stick I had was just old.
  • @Schatzi13

I think I must have got a bad few. I finished sealing the ones I had left earlier tonight and I actually licked one to see if it would stay sealed and it did. I didn't have to use the glue stick on that one. I didn't feel like experimenting with the 60 I had to do tonight so I used the glue stick on the last 59 lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards