Destination Weddings Discussions

Gifts...

So we are just having our few closest friends (15) going with us in Mexico. I was thinking about getting each room a gift or basket but what can I include that will also fit in my luggage ???

Re: Gifts...

• We did gift bags for all of our guests, but we ended up buying almost everything at the location (which worked out since we were out there a week before the wedding). You could try shipping things out to your hotel or just pick something really small (sunscreen/map of local attractions?)
  • Amazon is excellent for travel size goodies for welcome hampers. You can get sunglasses, quick freeze ice packs, sunscreen, aloe vera cream, all sorts of snacks (may be better to buy those locally though). Check with the travel bureau of your destination too. Usually they can send to you or your hotel maps, brochures etc.

We are doing something similar for our Vegas wedding but they are going to be 'Hangover Kits'. The Vegas travel bureau sent us some visitor guides that we are mailing out before the wedding with some DIY luggage tags.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• We did welcome bags for each couple and the single peeps, so we had about 20 rooms, and we still fit everything in one piece of luggage.  We looked at shipping options, but it was really expensive.  

We did little burlap bags with a tag of the person's full legal name (for the hotel to use to deliver) and included sunscreen, aloe, Pepto, Advil, wet wipes, and a final agenda with the events going on. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards