Chit Chat
Options

Working on Black Friday Sucks

This is me right now:

Re: Working on Black Friday Sucks

• Options
    Where do you work? 

I put in years working on Black Fridays when I was a server. It sucked. You have my sympathy!
  • Options
    I work in an office so there's basically no one here.
  • Options
    I don't understand why they even have offices open today. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    I don't understand why they even have offices open today. 
    This is the first year it isn't a holiday for my company. I have had it off every year until now...so stupid.
  • Options
    I just never get it. Most people assume you're closed, so you'll have no calls, etc. You may as well BE closed. Are you at least getting paid time and a half or double?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm working!!!  Only 2 other people here besides myself.

They used to give us this day off and took it away a few years ago.  My boss took off (he has a family) so I got stuck working.

ETA: We're the only company in the building that's open.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    I just never get it. Most people assume you're closed, so you'll have no calls, etc. You may as well BE closed. Are you at least getting paid time and a half or double?
    nope...just the regular amount.
  • Options
    I will be at work, but that's bevause people seem to like getying their news every day.

We get paid 1.5 time AND we get a comp day for working the holiday. I'll take it!!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Ugh I am working too. Hopefully will get to leave for the day after lunch. I don't get time and a half and I didn't even get paid holiday pay yesterday. Granted we are open, but my vendors aren't. So I couldn't afford to take two full days off with no pay:( 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards