Snarky Brides
Options

Stumbled on a PPD while Black Friday Shopping!

Hi Ladies!

I took advantage of some shopping today (I never hit the mall for myself) and inadvertently stumbled on a PPD! In a specific chain lingerie store that is famous for its "angels," an older woman was suggesting her daughter pick up a lacy item I myself was looking at, to "celebrate her wedding." I smiled at the bride, wished her congratulations, and asked when she had married. The mother immediately interrupted her daughter and said "Well they got married a year ago. But the REAL wedding was last week." Internally, my jaw hit the floor and I wanted to smack her.  The mother went on to say the daughter and hubby had married in front of a JOP but the mother didn't count it as "a real wedding." I politely said "Any wedding is lovely. Why, my parents got married by a JOP, but I'm getting married next spring." The daughter had the grace to look uncomfortable. The mother was unfazed. Just then the younger daughter walked up. She is apparently getting married next year. I suggested she come here, as well as check out etiquette hell for entertainment. I'm just glad I didn't go off on the MOB.

On a happier note, a local suiting and tux shop had a big sale today- FI and I got him a brand new tux, shirt, vest and tie for $200! Beats a rental!

Re: Stumbled on a PPD while Black Friday Shopping!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards