Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bustle Help

So I got this dress and I absolutely love it. I think its beautiful. My problem is the train currently does not bustle and it's going to be impossible to dance in without a bustle. I have yet to talk to a seamstress but is this something that can be done? Can a bustle be added to this dress without it looking terrible? image

Re: Bustle Help

• Options
    I would just ask the seamstress or send her an email. I would think they could pick up the back and attach it where all that stuff is attached on the back and then the fabric would match the rest of the swoops of fabric. I don't know if that made sense.
  • Options
    That is alot of train to bustle.  It may not look perfect but thats ok.  You need a two layer bustle.  I cant remember what its called but  a seamstress would know. 
  • Options
    A good seamstress would be able to do a bustle. I think for this, an underbustle also known as a French bustle would the be the best option, but a seamstress would be able to give you a professional opinion
  • Options
    Yes it can be bustled!  Any dress can, really.  Your seamstress will make bustle ties in three, or maybe five places, and they just need to be tied together.  Not difficult.

• Options
    I was thinking French bustle too, but I'm not an expert on that. Most bridal seamstresses can add bustles to almost anything, and many dresses dont come with one, so just call up and ask.
  • Options
    Wedding dresses hardly ever come with a pre-done bustle.

I think a French bustle would be the best option for your dress.

• Options
    Pretty much everything can be bustled.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards