Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

DJ Pricing

We were given a quote for $300 for unlimited time at our reception. $100 deposit and the other $200 after the reception ends. Does this sound right or at the very least a heck of a deal?

Re: DJ Pricing

• Sounds like an amazing deal. Pricing in my area is 5 hours for no less than $800. Most prices are $1200-$1500.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's what I thought it would be too after looking around our area, this guy was a dj at a local club for years until it closed and is a friend of my babe. But when I've told my mom, MIL and aunt they didn't seem impressed with the price so I thought maybe it was too high or something. I personally thought it was an amazing price lol

• I vote that is TOO cheap! I have to warn you- DJing at a club is way different than DJing a wedding. At a wedding, the DJ is more or less the time keeper, they help announce events, feel and react to the crowd to keep the party going, etc. Music and food are what people remember most from weddings. Just keep that in mind before you hire a friend.

• He's a professional that's done weddings as well as the club for 16 years so I'm not worried about that. I guess club is the wrong thing to call it, it was a place at a hotel that had music/dancing/drinking mainly oldies on Saturday nights. Now that the place closed down, he does weddings when asked which I'm guessing is why it's so cheap, also since he's a friend. We're meeting him in 2 weeks to make deposit and go over some music but I know he has a good mix of everything we want. Also, other than the dinner announcement, there aren't going to be any events this is just a celebration for our 5th anniversary so no other tradition will be done :)

• That is an excellent price!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards