Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Getting Married In the Laurel Highlands

Hi! My fiancé and I are planning a fall 2014 wedding in the Laurel Highlands. We will have 100-150 guests and are trying to keep costs low without sacrificing quality. I've done a lot of research on venues, caterers, rentals, DJ's, photographers, etc. but can't find a lot of reviews from people who have actually used them. Anyone care to share their personal experiences/recommendations on any of the venues/vendors you've used for your own wedding?? We are open to anyone in the Laurel Highlands, Uniontown, Connellsville, Mount Pleasant, and Greensburg areas... Thank you!!!

Re: Getting Married In the Laurel Highlands

• Have you checked out Linden Hall? http://lindenhallpa.com
    I've been there for different work trainings and the food was delicious. Plus the mansion and outdoor gardens are really pretty!
  • I did look into Linden Hall-- it's extremely beautiful!! Thank you!!  Unfortunately it's well-above our budget (not the rental itself-- but the "minimum business" amounts).  The search continues!!  
  • I did look into Linden Hall-- it's extremely beautiful!! Thank you!!  Unfortunately it's well-above our budget (not the rental itself-- but the "minimum business" amounts).  The search continues!!  
    Aw what a bummer! Maybe try and see if they'll negotiate for you. It's worth a shot! I think I negotiated just about everything for our wedding. Lol
  • If you are still looking for a photographer, I would highly recommend Michael Kilgore of Contemporary Photography. (http://www.michaeldkilgore.com)  I've been eyeing his pictures for years and he was the first vendor I booked.  We just completed our engagement pictures and they were gorgeous.  He was open to any crazy ideas we had (we did our photos in a library and near some abandon buildings) and he had wonderful ideas on the spot.  He was really easy to work with, highly professional, and flexible.  We also received our photos quickly.  He has several packages that are all reasonable.  Here are a few photos from our engagement shoot:image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Linden Hall was above our price range... Didn't seem like it would be, but it was.. strange... We're doing the Barn at Fallingwater, using Carson's Catering (Scottdale), Steel Penny Cakes (Norvelt/M. Pleasant), and CTG Photography. I heard Green Gables is nice... 
  • It's crazy that you mentioned Michael Kilgore-- I actually JUST found his website a few days ago and have been in contact with him!!  I'm getting one more price quote from a different photographer, and unless she's significantly cheaper I'm planning to go with Contemporary.  Thank you so much for sharing your pictures-- they're beautiful!!

• Linden Hall was above our price range... Didn't seem like it would be, but it was.. strange... We're doing the Barn at Fallingwater, using Carson's Catering (Scottdale), Steel Penny Cakes (Norvelt/M. Pleasant), and CTG Photography. I heard Green Gables is nice... 

That sounds beautiful!  Unfortunately the Barn at Fallingwater is booked for us next year =/  My fiancé lives near there, so that was one of the first places I looked... I'll check out the rest of your vendors.  Thank you!!
  • My friend is getting married here: http://www.carsonsweddings.com/westoverton/default.aspx

Not sure if it is within your budget but that may be an option.  Although, I know she had trouble months ago securing a date in Fall 2014. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards