Snarky Brides

Going after what you want

Last week after nearly obsessing about choosing a wedding ring (hey, you wear it every day of your life; it's important to choose what you want!) I found the perfect wedding ring! The problem was that it was in a jacket "sandwich" style where there were two rings exactly the same that go on either side of the engagement ring. I love the setting of my engagement ring and don't want to cover up both sides, and the jacket style ring was so expensive! I called in to the store's main number and they told me they didn't have anything exactly like my dream ring that was the single ring instead of the double ring. They told me I could not buy the individual ring and could only get it as a set. 

Usually I am soft spoken and wouldn't question what I was told...HOWEVER, this time I had confidence in myself to be able to go after what I want: my dream ring that would be perfect if sold as a single ring instead of the jacket. I thanked the person on the phone and went in person to one of the locations and talked to a consultant, who talked to a manager, who talked to the jeweler. I was really sweet and very friendly and I did my homework thoroughly before I came in.

I was told that they've never been asked to do it before, but that they would be willing to separate the jacket style and sell me the individual ring that I wanted!

Go after your dream and have confidence in yourself! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Going after what you want

• Glad you got what you wanted! I'm picking up my ring this week and can't wait to wear it in February.
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    It's amazing what knowledge, confidence, and kindness can do for people. Glad you were able to negotiate for what you wanted!
  • I'm actually surprised you had to push for it at all. Is it more of a "chain" jeweler or an independent business?  If I had that issue with a chain store I'd take a picture of the design straight to an independent jeweler.  

I'm glad you got your dream ring! 

• I fell in love with the ring at Jared's, and Kay Jewelers also had it (which makes sense cause they're owned by the same parent company) and I had called into the Jared's 800 number. The person on the phone said that asking for that would be like asking for one earring instead of the set of earrings, but I explained that I knew that jacket style rings were made individually and then bridged and fused together to make the one, and so I would like to find out if I can purchase the individual ring. The person on the phone told me something about them buying it from the manufacturer like that, and so I asked for the name of the manufacturer then to contact them to buy it from them. That was when the person suggested I go in person to the store to discuss it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • On an unrelated note, I'm not sure how I ended up putting this in the snarky brides section...Just to clarify, I was definitely not rude, inconsiderate, or disrespectful to anyone in any way during this whole process of finding my ring. I spoke to everyone with sweetness and kindness and respect and that is exactly why and how I got exactly what I wanted. People went out of their way for me to give me what I wanted because I was kind and respectful and friendly.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards