Hawaii

Officiant - Oahu Destination Wedding

Hi all!  I was wondering if anyone had officiant recommendations?  I'm getting married at Kualoa June 2014.
While I've been on top of picking most of my other vendors I'm having a hard time finding an officiant... it just so hard to pick someone from far away for something so important!
Neither my fiance or I are very religious and we are doing most of the planning ourselves.  Any suggestions welcome! :)

Thanks! 

Re: Officiant - Oahu Destination Wedding

• Our wedding planner booked Rev. Mike Nelson. We contacted him via email and phone and he sent us a sample romantic ceremony which was so perfect it made us cry. He met with FI prior to the wedding to walk him through everything and made him feel at ease. He also met with me just before I walked down the aisle and his presence was very calming. He blew the shell to signal the start of the ceremony and even helped guide us where to stand and how to hold hands. Overall, he was very professional and prepared. We feel blessed to have had him perform our ceremony. http://destinationweddingshi.com/officiant.php#!/page_main
  • Our officiant was Jim Heumann - I highly recommend him! He was so charming and very warm hearted. We spoke on the phone initially and within minutes, we knew he was the one! W met him for drinks when we travelled to Honolulu for taste-testing. He wanted to get to know us well and 1 week before the ceremony, we met again for drinks and he told us the direction he wanted to take the ceremony, which was perfect!

We are also not religious and we wanted something spiritual so he was perfect for us!

• Kahu Bruce.  He was amazing.  kahupuluke@aol.com  He does Hawaiian touches, but it wasn't religious.  It's better to contact him by phone, but I'm not sure if I have his number anymore.  He will meet you at the DOH to get your license and do a walk through of the ceremony there.  

• Thanks all! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards