Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Am I being overly Paranoid?

So long story short I found a photographer who had great reviews, a great blog, great website, etc. So I scheduled a meeting and he was really nice and I really enjoyed his ideas so we booked an engagement shoot. The shoot went OK. Nothing he did wrong or anything it was just a bad day weather wise and we were really nervous. This was back in the very beginning of October. After the shoot he said I should have a preview in a week on my blog and the rest should be in the mail in 3-4 weeks. So now it's been 2 months and no pics. We did get a preview but they weren't anything overly wonderful. I wanted to use them for our Save the Dates but we started cutting it close so I just used the best one of the previews. Last I spoke to them they said they should be in the mail...sometime in December. They are very slow getting back to my emails and we did sign a contract for the wedding(which may I mention when I brought up wanting to sign the contract for the wedding they were very prompt to respond..) I know it was just their busy season but saying 3-4 weeks and it being 2 months later with no pics is really starting to irritate me. I love pictures and they are probably the highest thing in terms of importance on my list. I am feeling really uneasy with using them for our wedding now. Am I just being paranoid/too demanding?

Re: Am I being overly Paranoid?

• I don't think you're being paranoid, and I agree that they should not have been so slow in getting back to you.  That said, I do think that because of the holidays, they are going to further delay getting back to you.  Does your contract mention that he has to respond to communications with you or provide you with your pictures by a specific date?  If not, I'd see if you can modify your contract or even get another photographer, especially if you're not thrilled with his work.  2 months with no photos after saying they'll be available in 3-4 weeks is unacceptable.
  • No you are not being paranoid. If they take this long to get you engagement photos, far fewer than the number of images they will take at the wedding, I would be very concerned about how long it will take to get the wedding images. I definitely would not make any payments regardless of what the contract says until they give you the e pics. They might be great photos, but terrible at time management - this is a tough situations since you have a contact and they no doubt have your deposit.

This is not the busy season any more. It's the holiday season and they are prioritizing you under what they want to do. This is poor business and work ethic. Don't let them tell you otherwise. As a photog (not wedding) I know how long it takes to clean and prep photos. Unless you asked for MAJOR photoshopping this is unacceptable.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Thanks ladies! I was thinking the same thing. My fi doesn't think its a cause for concern but I think he just doesn't want lose the money we spent on the engagement shoot (250 which counted as our deposit towards the package). I'd rather take the loss on the money and find a photographer for the wedding. I would be devastated if anything bad happened with our photos and they are making me very uneasy.
  • I'm with you. Wait til you have the e pics then cancel. I think it will be worth the expensive e pic price to have a photog you can trust. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards