Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Good Morning!

Hope you ladies in DC, Philly, Boston and all others that got hit by the snowstorm yesterday are staying warm and safe!
Here in Pittsburgh we didn't really get hit with anything which was nice for a change. I'm snowed-out!

Last night, we had chili for dinner which I had in the crock pot all day, and then DF and I shared a bottle of wine as we did our taxes (we're both CPA's sooo they are pretty easy for us to do). We both are getting pretty decent refunds, though we probably won't be spending them on anything fun.

Hope everyone has a great day - stay safe and warm out there!

Re: Good Morning!

• edited December 2011
    Morning!  I'm in a much better mood this morning since last night's nightmare gave me a reason so just stay home today:)  Wedding planning/relaxing day it is!

db - Do you want to do my taxes?? ;)  I hate doing them, but love the anticipation of what I'll get in returns, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies,

Last night was way worst than today. it doesn't look too bad out there, however I'm not leaving. :) The federal government had a 2 hour delay, but my boss told me to work from home... so Fi and I are both here. I did most of my work yesterday, so I think it is going to be an easy peasy day.

DB- You can do my taxes too. I usually do turbo tax and get a nice refund, but maybe I should try doing them some other way. This will be the last time I file single! fun!

Carly- I don't know how you normally do that commute, but the 8 hours is crazy. glad you are home safe and sound!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    morning!  We got 10" of snow overnight, but it's all clear.  Yay for Boston's efficient snow removal.  FI comes in tonight as long as BWI stays open (fingers crossed), so it should be a good weekend!

ugh , db, you reminded me I have to do taxes.  Ick.

hope you DC girls have a good at home!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey MD- your siggy is huge! Are you using 200px for the width? Let me know if you are having issues. 
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    edited December 2011
    ack, someone on my club board told me that too but it shows up normal to me??  I'm going to PM you the code I put in.
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol sorry for the reminder!! I get excited to do them only because it usually means we have $$ coming back - esp this year because we bought the house.
    And we use Turbotax to do them because it really is SO much easier!

Carly - glad you were able to stay home today!

jl - jealous of you work at home day!!

md - yay for FI coming tonight! keeping my fingers crossed he gets in ok!!

• jenice95jenice95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM ladies!

Glad to hear some of you get to stay at home! Since the Fed Gov't only gave a 2 hour delay, and I only have a 5 mile commute, I couldn't justify it (as much as I was hoping for it!). I did see a lot of stranded buses and cars on the way though.

MD- hope FI makes it in tonight!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    MD- I wrote you back, lets try that code!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    edited December 2011
    is it better?
  • edited December 2011
    Much! Yay! I'm glad it was an easy fix.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    edited December 2011
    hooray!  Now that I've successfully threadjacked the GM thread..

jenice - FI is at work too.  Hope its a slow day for you!

db - I just hate taxes because I have to file quarterly (grad school doesnt give me W-2s how nice of them) and never get a refund.  Hopefully FI's refund is decent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards