Honeymoon Discussions

All Inclusive Tropical Honeymoon Recommendations?

Looking for specific resort or island recommendations for an all inclusive tropical/beach honeymoon in September? Mexico is the only place we are not interested in, just because we have been there multiple times!

Thanks!

Re: All Inclusive Tropical Honeymoon Recommendations?

• Hi! My mom is a travel agent who specializes in Caribbean so she's been on business trips to basically every resort there is. She is sending me to her favorite one, and where she sent my brother for his. It's called Swept Away in Negril, it's owned by Couples Resorts. Couples has a few resorts in Jamaica but she says this one is the best because it has it's own private 7 mile beach! Also, the resorts in Mexico include food and drink but that's it....these ones in Jamaica also include water skiing, sunset catamaran cruises, golf, activities!! Can't beat that! Her number two choice is Sandals Whitehouse on the southern side of Jamaica.

Trust me- spend a little more to be in a truely luxurious place...I attended a destination wedding a ho-hum middle of the ground resort in Cancun last year and the place was nothing special at all. I was disappointed.

Also- see a travel agent! They will be able to get you better deals than booking on your own and my mom got us like a honeymoon package that comes with free massages. You don't pay an agent, they get commission kick from the hotel.

• Sept. is hurricane season for the Caribbean, but Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, and Grenada are all located outside of the hurricane belt, so less likely to be affected by one. I think there are a few all inclusives in Aruba (Riu, Occidental, and Tamarijn/Divi) and Grenada (Sandals, Spice Island), so you may want to check those out and see if you are interested. Costa Rica would be another option. I think there is a Westin and a Hilton that are all inclusive. 
  • Thank you for the responses! Very helpful!
  • Check out vacationexpress.com
  • Sandals Royal Bahamian!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards