May 2014 Weddings

Anyone else wanting to lose some weight before wedding?

2»

Re: Anyone else wanting to lose some weight before wedding?

• I'm in for the 30 day arm challenge too!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm in for the 30 day arm challenge too!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ohxhi @ArtTeacher23 I'll definitely add you! I've been slacking as well.

And I'm definitely in for the arm challenge! :)
  • The second time you posted the link it worked for me. I printed it out and I'll be starting on Jan. 1 :)
  • I'm so up for the arm challenge! Jan 1st for sure!

• Between work and school full time along with planning a wedding (which I know you all understand!), it's so hard to fit in a workout during the week, especially when I just want to sit my butt on the couch after a 14 hour day! What I found helps me a TON is that my FI almost never misses a workout. He loves it. He by no means makes me feel guilty or tells me I need to workout (that would be a problem lol) but I find myself working out just to spend time with him, so in a way it holds me accountable. It's something we've really gotten into together and we plan our workouts and meals for fun.

What I'm saying is, don't go it alone! He says he even more so enjoys his workouts now and I love working out now and eating healthy because I love my workout partner. :]

Also, I totally agree with what was said about the Instagram motivational pages. They're awesome! I can't tell you how many times I've been scrolling through Insta with a not so healthy snack in hand and I've literally thrown it away. It's been a calorie saver for sure!
  • I am in as well!!! This is awesome!!!
  • Hey ladies!! So I was on my other favorite website and found this!!

http://www.pinterest.com/30dayfitness/

• Tnt082013 said:

Hey ladies!! So I was on my other favorite website and found this!!

http://www.pinterest.com/30dayfitness/

Ooh, I'm liking the ab and squat challenge: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/430586414344741107/

• @tnt082013 Love the post!! I'm following them now.  Thank you so much!
    Anniversary
  • I am doing pretty meh on the weightloss front. I am on weight watchers. I workout outside when it's nice (which is almost never now because I live in Chicago) and do Jillian Michaels when I can't go out. Overall, I want to lose 40 lbs. But if I lost 20 more by the wedding, I would be happy.

Does anyone else have a fitbit?
    Anniversary
  • I am doing pretty meh on the weightloss front. I am on weight watchers. I workout outside when it's nice (which is almost never now because I live in Chicago) and do Jillian Michaels when I can't go out. Overall, I want to lose 40 lbs. But if I lost 20 more by the wedding, I would be happy.

Does anyone else have a fitbit?
    I thought about getting one a while back, but that was when only the Plus was out and there were issues with the clip, so I waited. A bunch of my co-workers have the Flex and love it, but I'm not into the rubber bracelet.

I'm toying with the idea of the Fitbit One, but I'm just not sure how much it will motivate me long-term. Will I continue to use it all the time, or will it just be a novelty that will wear off and end up sitting in a drawer?

• I got the PolarFit4 for myself a few months ago and I really like it.  I never really understood how important heart rate was (I'm not a lifelong exercise junkie) until I used a groupon to work with a personal trainer for 3 sessions.  The PolarFit really helps me see the quality of my workouts - how many calories I burn makes me feel accomplished.  I'm not sure what the major difference is between the PolarFit and the FitBit, but I recommend having something that gives you a real idea of what you're doing rather than just guessing.
  • No problem. @pumpkinsandturkeys, I got a fitbit one a couple of months ago have been consistently using. I debated for a long time about it for the same reason as you, but once I got it and started friending people it really made me want to work to get in those extra steps or extra flight of stairs!! I will say make sure you put the charger somewhere you won't loose it and I recommend the burgundy one. I got it since it would be easier to see when I take off rather than the black one.
  • @Tnt082013 Thanks so much for the feedback! I know that my co-workers have all friended each other and their family members and find that it keeps them motivated, the same way you described. And I never thought of the black one being hard to see when I set it down -- that's a really good point!

FI and I haven't gotten each other Christmas gifts yet (we were too indecisive this year haha) so maybe I'll ask him for one...

• Self promotion isn't allowed on the boards. @knotporscha

• I'm glad to hear so many people like FitBit! I'm thinking of buying one soon. I use the LoseIt! app to track calories, and it really helps. I'd like to lose about 15 lbs. min. before my wedding at the end of May. I have lost about 40 lbs. from my highest weight, but I was down about 55 at one point, so I'd like to be at that low point again for my wedding day. Thank goodness the holidays are over! No more sugary treats around the office! I have a terrible sweet tooth.
  • @sarahsmiles326 -- Again, where is someone promoting themselves?

• edited January 2014
    @pumpkinsandturkeys I tagged Porscha so she would deleted said post & she did. That's why you dont see it.

It was someone promoting their bridal weight loss boot camp.

• Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards