Snarky Brides

Diamond = Personality

http://visual.ly/make-your-diamond-match-your-personality

I was browsing Pinterest and came across this. It's nice to see illustrations of the various cuts along with desciption of their traits, some make wide fingers look smaller, some look larger then they are, etc. What I don't get is what the fuck the cut of a diamond says about a person being "honest" or "intelligent".

Anniversary

Re: Diamond = Personality

• I'm with you on the first two columns - very helpful and informative. But the third column is the dumbest thing I've every seen. Those are super generic adjectives that could describe pretty much anyone. Sounds like the psychic I saw at the Halloween party I went to this year....
    *********************************************************************************

• Agreed. First two columns super-useful. Third column? Not so much.

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Well I'm super glad my FI picked a diamond that shows that I'm traditional, laid-back, and honest.  God only knows what I would do if my diamond shape didn't show that?!

• Why would you name a diamond cut after a Muppet catchphrase? 
  • I especially reject that people with pear shaped diamonds are modest.

Oh hell no.
    For some reason I overly laughed at this...too hilarious!
  • Why would you name a diamond cut after a Muppet catchphrase? 

HAHAHAHAHA I thought the same thing!!!
  • So what does my round sapphire say about me?

Probably that I'm a low-class cheapskate or something.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Don't diss the round sapphires!  I love mine, and according to this article, it says nothing about me.  It makes me love it more!
    But yes, third column is meaningless.

• @kerbohl Oh, I adore my sapphire! I specifically asked for one instead of a diamond. I just scoff at the idea that any one thing you wear can tell people everything about you. The only thing my engagement ring says to most people is that I'm engaged.
    eyeroll
  • @Inkdancer I specifically asked for one as well!  It's my FI's birthstone, blue is my favourite colour, and I find diamonds boring as the main stone (I'm not insulting the diamond lovers out there - the heart wants what it wants). 

• @kerbohl With you 100% on that!
    eyeroll
  • @Inkdancer, @kerbohl -- Yay for sapphires! Mine is a cushion-cut sapphire, so I'm not sure what that says about me.

I mean, I know what my overall choice of sapphire says -- blue is DH's favourite colours, sapphires were traditional engagement ring stones until DeBeers cornered the diamond market and wanted to skew the supply/demand ratio, I wanted a certified conflict-free stone, I wanted something different -- but I'm wondering if the cut of a sapphire is like the cut of a diamond and I am "adventurous, dependable, and a team-player."
    Anniversary

• Well I don't know about the other things but you sure as heck are awesome!
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    Well I don't know about the other things but you sure as heck are awesome!
    Awww, thanks!!
    Anniversary

• fun little diagram! too bad there's not some of the older cuts - mine is an old european cut, so even though it's all for fun, i would've liked to see what the "personality" would be...!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Inkdancer, @kerbohl -- Yay for sapphires! Mine is a cushion-cut sapphire, so I'm not sure what that says about me.

I mean, I know what my overall choice of sapphire says -- blue is DH's favourite colours, sapphires were traditional engagement ring stones until DeBeers cornered the diamond market and wanted to skew the supply/demand ratio, I wanted a certified conflict-free stone, I wanted something different -- but I'm wondering if the cut of a sapphire is like the cut of a diamond and I am "adventurous, dependable, and a team-player."
    I have a sapphire, too! I love meeting other sapphire people. I've always wanted something blue.
  • My diamonds are to small and are set more inside the band than on top. You know what that says about me: That my husband couldn't afford my first choice but knew I wanted something unique so got me my second choice ring for $25. I love it and it shows his love for me doesn't have a price tag.
  • I second that. I got a sapphire engagement ring for the same reason!  I didn't really want a stone mined by workers in truly horrific conditions to be the symbol of my engagement. I loved the history of the stone too, pre-DeBeers. So happy to see there are other sapphire ladies out there!
  • My fiance proposed to me somehow he found a website with the story about the penguin finding the perfect pebble and presenting it to whom them choose to be their mate for life (very cute long story) it came with the story, a certificate of our love and affirmation (the day we started dating, and our names, and inside a clear ring box was a beatuful gemstone/pebble ( collect these too so it was even more perfect) My favorite animal is a penguin and I always tell people about the penguin/pebble story.. kids/adults. I love it. Perfect proposal ever for me. Anyhow, we talked about getting engaged I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, just sooner than I thought. and we decided we would get a ring together. I am not a diamond girl. We have already narrowed down to two rings that I love, just need to choose one. they are both  gemstone centers (beautiful) with small diamonds around.  And I cannot wait to have it!
  • Teddy917 said:
    My diamonds are to small and are set more inside the band than on top. You know what that says about me: That my husband couldn't afford my first choice but knew I wanted something unique so got me my second choice ring for $25. I love it and it shows his love for me doesn't have a price tag.
    Don't diss the small diamonds. ;) I prefer the rings with a ton of smaller diamonds to the rings with one ginormous one. It makes the ring more visually interesting to me. 

As for the personality traits, I have blue diamonds. I must be a nut job.
  • Ha. I wonder what having an opal says about me.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards