Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Springwood Conference Center good or bad?

Hey there everyone! Has anyone every been to/had a wedding at the springwood conference center in verona, pa? I was just wondering if anyone had heard any good reviews... it looks nice but i wasnt sure.. any feedback is great!!!

Re: Springwood Conference Center good or bad?

• Options
    concerto47concerto47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really gorgeous and a unique space, but unfortunately very pricey. It was my favorite venue that we toured, but ultimately out of our budget.
  • Options
    cathrynlehmancathrynlehman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We visited Springwood early on and I thought it was very pretty. I have read good things about it, and the woman there seemed very nice to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just heard from a vendor that Springwood was very difficult to work with. I can give you more details, if you are interested. PM me.

Also, you have to use their flowers (which I find kind of weird) and the centerpiece that was the cheapest was like a rose in a vase with baby's breath... very very plain. They quoted me for $100 people at approx. $18,000. Which was out of my budget.

HTH, PM me for more info!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    we toured springwood and i actually didn't find it all that impressive. i didn't like how "country" it felt upstairs in the suites and didn't really like much of the space, except for the outdoor spot to hold a ceremony. i was still on the fence when they finally handed over the pamphlet with prices. $140/pp was simply too far out of our budget and i didn't really feel the place was worth $140/pp anyways. but that was just how we felt about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also heard that the people were very difficult to work with and the place is very pricey! It was one of my top choices, but then I decided against it once I visited.
  • Options
    lizalululizalulu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

I would really like some specifics on how they are difficult to work with, as we are looking at this venue for our wedding next year.

I'd also like some more examples of these hidden fees that I keep hearing about...

The grounds and outdoor areas are beautiful, but I am nervous due to the poor reviews, but none of them have any real specific information to help me decide. . . .

If you know anything can you please PM me?? THANKS for your input!!!!
  • Options
    Can anyone give more information about springwood?  Was looking at their website last night and it seemed really nice.  I'm finding that there are so many things to think of and consider in choosing a venue, so any help is appreciated. 
  • Options
    I had my wedding there this year. I have yet to post my review because quite frankly it will take me some time to compile the details of my dissatisfaction. The bottom line is this, the venue charges fees for 5 star service but provided service at about a 1. My guests were handed their dinner plates across the table. Not to mention, they were disorganized, rude and unprofessional.  Honestly, I was embarrassed. The coordinator never read the itinerary I put together for all of my vendors, didn't follow what we had planned and waited until the last minute for almost everything. Not to mention I had to watch my billing like a hawk because they continuously added undisclosed charges to my bill. I actually had to negotiate with them on the night of my rehearsal. Huge disappointment. While the venue is beautiful this may be the worst run business I have worked with even in my professional life as well. I would not recommend you spend you money to be treated like you aren't welcomed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards