Nevada-Las Vegas

Booze for the DDB

4 months to go wooohooo! I need help figuring out which booze to get for the DDB. Most of my guests are Aussies and really don't know what they would like in American beers. I know everybody's tastes are different but surely there are some common ones?

I was hoping to do 1 light beer, 1 full strength and 1 imported (probably Heineken). The thought of cask wine makes me shudder so we will skip that altogether.

Im also trying to find someone who stocks premix liquors in cans. I saw some mikes hard lemonade I think when I was in Vegas but almost all premixes were in bottles!

We will also have lots of water, juices and sodas available too.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Booze for the DDB

• Hi @missmo14!

It depends what beer your friends and family normally drink in OZ somewhat, but in terms of common beers that we've enjoyed in the US you can't go far wrong with things like Coors, Coors light, Miller MGD and light, Michelob.  Lots of people like Bud, I don't think it's great but it's OK.  Corona is well priced for an import and is always popular.

Some more bogan choices (apologies most non Aussies and Kiwi's won't know that term!) that are good are Pabst Blue Ribbon, Miller high life.

Or if you want craft style beers some to check out that are available in cans are Sierra Nevada, Brooklyn, and Fat Tyre.

The website www.totalwine.com has some good descriptions and prices to give you an idea.

Happy choosing!
  • Thanks! Im so tempted to go with all importeds cos we have them here lol! I figure our guests will drink it cos its free anyway. At the moment I'm thinking Budweiser, Coors Light and Heineken for the beer.

Over here with our group we can't go wrong with the likes of Hahn Super Dry, Pure Blondes and Tooheys Extra Dry. Coronas always go down well too. I think im just over thinking it to be honest.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Sounds good :)  I've been drinking James Boags light lately as I've been a bit of a lightweight since having my daughter but I do like Super Dry and Pure Blonde.  FI mainly drinks Coopers green but would rather be drinking imported real ales - but that's mostly because he's British ;)
  • Four months, yay! But wait, nooo, too much to sort out still! Hehe :)

I would also appreciate any advice on pre-mixed drinks in cans! 

Personally the only alcohol I really drink is wine, and when I drink spirits I only have them with soda water and fruit so I think I might struggle to find something to drink on the DDB, it might be best I stay sober for that bit anyway as the rest of the day and night will be filled with alcohol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards