Destination Weddings Discussions

Getting married in Mexico

Hi everyone, I've posted a couple of times here or there, but I haven't actually introduced myself.  My name's Jenn and my fiance and I are having a destination wedding in Riviera Maya next August.  We're actually tying the knot legally in 9 days, for insurance/tax liability reasons, but most people don't know about that yet.  Anyway, we've booked the resort (Hard Rock Riviera Maya) and sent out the STDs in October.  Now we're just kind of playing the waiting game.  I picked up my dress on Friday, too, which just makes me more stupidly excited for the whole thing.  

So hello!

Re: Getting married in Mexico

• Hi Jenn!!! It's very exciting!!! We are also getting married in Mexico but we are getting married in July right outside Puerto Vallarta. We just sent out our save the dates. Everyone has been telling me to get married here for legal reasons but I feel like it will ruin the big day! I guess I really should consider it. Are you having a Mexican theme or traditional???
  • Hello Ladies! Congrats to you both :) I'm getting married too but reading both of your posts makes me worry because we're getting married in the Riviera Maya and we have not sent out our STDs AND i haven't even gone dress browsing!!! We're getting married in September...eeekkssss!!! 
  • Hi everyone, I've posted a couple of times here or there, but I haven't actually introduced myself.  My name's Jenn and my fiance and I are having a destination wedding in Riviera Maya next August.  We're actually tying the knot legally in 9 days, for insurance/tax liability reasons, but most people don't know about that yet.  Anyway, we've booked the resort (Hard Rock Riviera Maya) and sent out the STDs in October.  Now we're just kind of playing the waiting game.  I picked up my dress on Friday, too, which just makes me more stupidly excited for the whole thing.  

So hello!
    Just felt the need to quote this in case of a delete later.  Lurkers, please see the Etiquette board for advice on why a PPD is never okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Hi everyone, I've posted a couple of times here or there, but I haven't actually introduced myself.  My name's Jenn and my fiance and I are having a destination wedding in Riviera Maya next August.  We're actually tying the knot legally in 9 days, for insurance/tax liability reasons, but most people don't know about that yet.  Anyway, we've booked the resort (Hard Rock Riviera Maya) and sent out the STDs in October.  Now we're just kind of playing the waiting game.  I picked up my dress on Friday, too, which just makes me more stupidly excited for the whole thing.  

So hello!
    Just felt the need to quote this in case of a delete later.  Lurkers, please see the Etiquette board for advice on why a PPD is never okay.
    Why would I delete this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards