May 2014 Weddings

Wedding Invitations

Are any of you ladies planning on purchasing a digital file online and printing your own invites? I found a layout on Etsy, I just have to send her my info to receive a sample of how it will look, but I'm curious if anyone has already started this process? Any tips as far as paper websites/stores and cheap places to have them printed? Please share any tips/suggestions you may have! :)

Re: Wedding Invitations

• I haven't heard of this kind of thing. That doesn't mean it isn't a good way to go, I just haven't heard of something like that. I'm getting our invites off of weddingpaperdivas.com which kind of a sister site to shutterfly.  I was going to go the diy rout, but honestly the ones I picked out from that site are way nicer then what I would have put together, so I'm okay spending a few dollars more for something like that.  But if you end up going the digital file rout let us know how it goes.  I'm curious. :)
    Anniversary
  • We're having ours printed for us, but it have heard of people occasionally printing their own. Definitely price out evvvvverything ahead of time to make sure that it's cost-effective for you to do so before you begin. I know some people who saved a lot of money, and others who ended up spending just as much (or more), plus the headache of DIYing. Costs will vary mainly based on your paper weight and finish and whether you're printing in colour or just black ink. I'd recommend having them printed somewhere that's familiar with printing things like stationary and business cards (like Staples) as opposed to a little copy shop -- the staff tend to be more knowledgeable about irregular paper sizes and alignment, and have competitive pricing.

• I definitely agree with @punkpinsandturkeys sometimes the DIY will add up which is why we ended using an online site. We are using Wedding Paper Divas which is where we got out Save the Dates and they came out amazing.
  • @megsters03 - I almost went this route!  I have an unhealthy Etsy obsession.  I hemmed and hawed about it for a few weeks and ended up deciding that the DIY factor wasn't worth the potential frustrations.  

I don't know if you've looked at Minted at all, but that's where I got mine.  I like it because it has elements of Etsy (independent designers who share their designs- which you can customize based on your needs), but everything is printed for you and shipped to you.  My save the dates came out beautifully and my invitations just came in the mail last week - I'm obsessed with them.  
    If you're still really digging the Etsy shop, maybe you can try to message someone who's posted feedback on that vendor before and see if they can give you an idea of what the process is like.  Good luck!  I'd love to hear what you end up deciding.
  • @ohxhi I haven't heard of Minted but I'll definitely into it! My best friend did the Etsy route and her invites came out way better than others I've seen purchased online so I was sold with her process. I will definitely be contacting others who have used her shop a get their feedback, I hadn't thought about that. Thank you for the tip :)
  • Megsters03Megsters03 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    @Kristen625 I love weddingpaperdivas! We got our STD magnets off of there and they were beautiful! Great website. I'm sure the invites will be nice as well :)
  • @Megsters03 @ohxhi We're getting ours from an Etsy vendor, but she's printing and assembling everything for us. We've opted for these invites (already got a sample and LOVED it!): https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/66350766/as-seen-on-style-me-pretty-lola-wedding?

• @pumpkinsandturkeys Those are beautiful! I've never seen anything like that. I think I am going to purchase all of my invites through Etsy and have her print and assemble everything as well. I've been pricing paper and I think I will only be saving about $50 doing it myself. I still need to get more wedding stuff done and I don't want to keep worrying about these invites.

Here's a look at the invites I purchased :)  www.etsy.com/listing/130247640/vintage-wedding-invitation

• @Megsters03 Thank you! That's exactly why we love them -- the style is SO different. Yours are gorg, btw, and I'm really glad you're opting to have her print and assemble them. 9 times out of 10, the headache is not worth the minute savings. You pay a little more, but you don't have to stress about doing it yourself, and if anything goes wrong, you have someone else to hold accountable! Haha

• @pumpkinsandturkeys Thank you! And yes, I definitely agree. I'm glad we are just going to purchase them.The less headache and stress, the better. What a relief to not have to worry about it anymore. Happy planning! :)
  • @pumpkinsandturkeys @megsters03 they are both beautiful. so unique and elegant! gotta love Etsy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards