Attire & Accessories Forum

Color Combos for October Wedding

Our wedding date is 10/18/14 and it's on a ranch, with horses.. We're getting married underneath two tall trees.. My original plan was a fall themed wedding - which I still want (I think) but I don't want the traditional fall colors: Deep reds, burnt oranges and yellows.. Now I'm thinking of multiple jewel tone colors.. I'm so confused lol. I think I have too much time on my hands now that school is done for the semester lol!

Re: Color Combos for October Wedding

• I was married Oct. 26th and we did navy with touches of peacock feathers and it worked for us. I also think fall colors for fall is a little overdone, since in my area a lot of people do that. 

In the end, it doesn't really matter. Just make a decision and stick to it.
  • *********************************************************************************

• It's your wedding, if you want to do more jewel tones like dark purple, dark green, garnet red or navy blue, go for it. Focus on your finals right now and then look online for some color ideas. Wondering how different colors might go together? Go to your local hardware/paint store & grab a punch of the color swatches they have and put different combos together and see how you like them.

Good luck on your finals!

• My friend had a fall wedding and did dark purple, dark green, and gold/champagne. It was really sophisticated and seasonal. 
  • Mix of the jewel toned purple with orange and red:
    Fall wedding Purple and orange
    Purple and Orange Wedding Ideas
    Purple and bronze/copper
    Bright oranges and yellows with some purple and green:
    Or you could just do "regular" jewel tone colour scheme and I am sure it would look good, too.
  • We're getting married in October. I love gold - my engagement ring is gold, I just like the way it looks, really classic. So I based the wedding around gold and mixed in ivory, black and other neutrals. The bms are wearing mixed neutral long dresses, the guys are wearing black suits with skinny black ties and the bouquets are a mix of neutral tone flowers. 

Do whatever colors you want. I think jewel tones would be pretty in the fall.
  • @Erikan73 I never thought of that! I actually found something online last night that I absolutely adore: Since it's outdoors with horses and barns and dirt (lol!) the girls are going to wear dark brown chiffon dresses with different jewel tone colored cardigans, with wildflower bouquets.. :)  Pinterest is a blessing and an even bigger curse for wedding planning. 
  • We're getting married in October and are planning on a deep purple/eggplant and dark yellow/goldenrod. 

Do whatever colors you like. As a photographer's sister, I'd suggest keeping the background of your location in mind when choosing the BM dress color, though! (I.e., if you're getting married/taking photos against a green forest, avoid green dresses.)
  • We got married Oct. 13. Our colours were deep plum, goldenrod, coppery-reds, burnt orange, and ivory. 

The BM dresses were a colour called 'shiny plum' from Target. Their flowers (Gerbera daisies) were yellow, red, fuschia, and orange. The GM's ties were purple and goldenrod striped.

We did very typical fall decor on the tables -- red votives, mini pumpkins, dried white hydrangeas with red berries in jars with gold and ivory tissue paper.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • We're getting married October 4th and our colors are eggplant, gold and ivory.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with everyone on the deep purples and reds....my brother just got married in October and we had bright orange BM dresses and sunflower bouquets and the whole thing was too "Halloween" for me.
  • October wedding here.  I did royal purple and silver. 

I just picked two colors I love, and went with them.  I didn't care about 'season' or 'traditional' or 'time of year'.  I love those colors, they look nice together, and my sister touched my bouquet up with peacock feathers, because I had wanted to do some peacock stuff, but realized I could quickly overwhelm myself trying to dabble with that, so I kept it simple.  And just dropped the feathers in with my flowers.  My flowers looked beautiful, and my colors looked nice. 
  • @HisGirlFriday13, can you post a pic of your BMs? I've wondered what the Target dresses look like in real life in that color. 
  • @ElcaB -- attached! (With our heads cropped out, sorry)
    Anniversary

• @HisGirlFriday13 - Thank you! They look much better in person than on the website!
  • @ElcaB -- You're welcome! They do look really great in person. And I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan of them (I wanted a different colour), but my BMs all wanted purple, so that's what we went with, and in hindsight, I'm glad we did!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards