Wedding Invitations & Paper

When to send STDs and question

When is the earliest one can send the STD and also is it bad to do a virtual STD and send it over email? Or can it be done via the wedding website??

Re: When to send STDs and question

• 1)  STD should be sent out 6-12 months out.  

2) You can do an electronic but I'm not a fan.   A lot of those type emails end up in junk mail.  I had an aunt who got mad because I didn't respond to an evite.  Fact was it went to my junk mail and I completely ignored those emails.  So be careful.

3) Agree with PP that the email could be worded like an STD directing them to the website.  

Very important things to note:

Everyone who gets a STD needs to get an invite
    Everyone who gets an invite doesn't have to get an STD

If you are in doubt or tight on funds/space and need a little wiggle room 9 months from now think twice about who you are sending them out to.   In my opinion, unless most of your guests are OOT or it's a special weekend STDs can cause more headaches then they are worth. You can always call up Auntie Em on the phone and let her know the dates without sending out an STD.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • thank you ladies!! so the latest is a year beforehand, that should give me enough time to find a photographer and take engagement pictures and create a STD. I could call everyone and tell them I will be emailing them the STD (my cousin did this) to make sure they get it or find it if it is in the junk file. 

• I would also be careful about emailing a STD. People can forward it on to other people you had not planned to invite. I will also add that STDs are completely optional.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FWIW - we had a picture on our STD, but we didn't do engagement photos. We just picked a photo that we liked. If you're trying to save money that might be a good option for you.

Second all PPs on STDs being completely optional and being careful about sending them electronically as they can be forwarded.
    *********************************************************************************

• FWIW - we had a picture on our STD, but we didn't do engagement photos. We just picked a photo that we liked. If you're trying to save money that might be a good option for you.

Second all PPs on STDs being completely optional and being careful about sending them electronically as they can be forwarded.
    This is what we did. I used a past photo of us at Gettysburg in his civil war uniform. It's his personality so it just worked for us.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • wow, I never in a million years would have thought someone would forward my email STD.  Oh well, I already sent them so if someone got it who shouldn't, I guess they'll get the hint when they don't get an invite!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards