Snarky Brides
Options

WB hates me, WW hates me.

MooMoo089MooMoo089 member
5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2013 in Snarky Brides
So here I am.

Say hi to me and bow down to me.
I hate cash bars. I hate fake start times. Camo doesn't belong in weddings. I hate kids at weddings. And I hate people who don't give gifts.

Re: WB hates me, WW hates me.

• Options
    I hate everyone
  • Options
    MooMoo089 said:
    So here I am. Say hi to me and bow down to me. I hate cash bars. I hate fake start times. Camo doesn't belong in weddings. I hate kids at weddings. And I hate people who don't give gifts. Hopefully I fit in better over here because, WW just completely through me out for my brutal honesty.

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit in.
  • Options
    Lol I was kidding about the bow down to me part.
    But seriously. I'm not even sure how TK works but, hopefully it's better than WW.
  • Options
    We're very nice. We don't bite, except the rude noobs.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Hating cash bars will make you fit in here XD It seems most posters (I don't feel like I've been here long enough to be included in a "We") are very focused on properly hosting your guests and proper etiquette.  As long as you're not planning a rude wedding, you'll fit in just fine.  If you're against rude weddings, you'll make friends pretty fast.  It seems a lot of the stuff that flies on WW and WB will not fly here.
  • Options
    I'm with you except for the kids -- that's a personal decision the couple has to make, and if kids are important to them, I'm on-board with them being there. We had kids at our wedding, and we loved it.

But, I hate children at weddings when their parents do not exert control and discipline over them. 
    Yes to all of this (kids are invited to ours as well).
    And also, because I've been watching AHS all day while I clean...

• Options
    I get a large amount of entertainment value out of some of the posts I've seen....
    I can't tell you how often I make this face.
  • Options
    I don't hate you! You sound cool! Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    WB and WW are full of tacky morons. 

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit in here. 
  • Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013

MooMoo089 said:
    So here I am. Say hi to me and bow down to me. I hate cash bars. I hate fake start times. Camo doesn't belong in weddings. I hate kids at weddings. And I hate people who don't give gifts.
    Just curious since I have yet to read about the bolded. What exactly is a 'fake start time?' Can someone explain this to me? Thanks!
  • Options
    Some brides will put on their invites that the wedding starts at 5:30, but in reality it doesn't start until like 6:15.

Which is obnoxious to people like me, who always show up to a wedding early, anyway.
  • Options
    MooMoo089 said:
    Some brides will put on their invites that the wedding starts at 5:30, but in reality it doesn't start until like 6:15. Which is obnoxious to people like me, who always show up to a wedding early, anyway.
    What purpose would that serve? Is that just to trick people into arriving early so they are on time? As if adults cannot manage their own punctuality...that's ridiculous.
  • Options
    That's exactly what it is for. And I HATE it. I've been to a wedding that started almost an hour after the time stated on the invite, and they didn't even open the bar so people could get a drink. If you're going to put a fake start time, at least let me drink my frustration away.
  • Options
    In regards to the fake start time, it might be a cultural thing. I am Latina, and I can tell you that my family nor FI family is EVER on time to ANYTHING. Even our friends are the same. It's ridiculous. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm with you, even on the kids at weddings bit.  But if a couple wants to have kids at their wedding then they are free to choose to do so.
  • Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    MooMoo089 said:
    That's exactly what it is for. And I HATE it. I've been to a wedding that started almost an hour after the time stated on the invite, and they didn't even open the bar so people could get a drink. If you're going to put a fake start time, at least let me drink my frustration away.
    It's just rude to your guests to think they do not have the capacity to arrive on time without you delegating that they get there early. I am always early for big events and would definitely be irritated to have to entertain myself for 30 minutes waiting. Not that it's the end of the world and I've obviously dedicated my day to be there it's just an annoyance. I can understand if the ceremony begins late due to unforeseen circumstances...but really trick me into being early? Stop it. I'm with you moomoo drinks all around!!!
  • Options
    im starting on time and late comers will be doing the readings during the ceremony. but kids are welcome to run around screaming during the ceremony and i will chase them and string them upsidown and tickle them until they pee themselves. the wedding website says so too. it also says anyone caught wearing white other than the bride and flower girls will also be tickled until they pee.
  • Options
    OMG! That's soo silly! Love it!
  • Options
    My dad and FI are both known for being late to everything, so I would have to come up with a fake start time just to make sure he's at the altar when I'm ready. My dad was even late to his own wedding when he married my mom, if that says anything. As for children, I do think that's up to the individual couple, but I do hate when children are allowed to run wild at weddings and other events.
  • Options
    As someone who is always on time and usually early to everything (particularly important events like weddings) a fake start time would infuriate me. I don't understand the chronically late. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards