May 2014 Weddings

Centerpieces

Does anyone want to share their centerpieces?

Because of cost, I decided not to do floral centerpieces. I now have no idea what we will be doing for our centerpieces! We are getting married in a restaurant (irishbistro.com), so we don't need anything super lavish.
Anniversary

Re: Centerpieces

• We are using wine bottles. I took Arbor Mist bottles (because of the frosted glass), cut off the bottom and am painting table numbers on them and putting an LED candle underneath for a beautiful glow. I am also making bows in our 3 colors to tie around the top of them, and alternate between every table. I am also painting a rose on the back of all the bottles. We'll also have other small candles to accompany then in the center of the tables.
  • because of cost I decided to do all my own centerpieces and bought all supply items from dollar tree and michaels. I will be ordering my flowers through sams club. Approx cost for everything is going to be around 400 give or take a little.
  • I'm going to do pictures, candles, and fake rose petals for centerpieces!  It will be much cheaper than floral and still looks great to me!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/51298883229393263/
  • @kiafocused - I think those centerpieces are very pretty.

All your centerpieces sound very nice. As of right now, the plan is to do these centerpieces with votives around them.

• I'm a total flower person, so it's flowers all the way for us! FI wanted them in wooden boxes, so we opted for a rectangular shape, and we're going to have garden roses, antique hydrangea, lavender lisianthus, succulents, stock, scabiosa pods, and a bunch of foliage.

• I'm making my own gold glitter mason jars, and plan on having blush pink peonies in them. I'm also going to have a few tea lights in the middle and table numbers in picture frames. Simple and very cost effective. Plus, making the mason jars is really a lot of fun. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also am having issues figuring out centerpieces... my church has this big room full of donated wedding supplies and there are tons of these garden vases (not able to find a picture but they're short, fat, with a vase-like opening at the top?) so hoping to incorporate those somehow.. I really like this idea: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/217439488232740224/ but not sure about finding a large flower in the right color... but definitely using candles as well as they're a lot cheaper than flowers!
  • @klburke88 (apparently I've been tagging you like crazy today) I LOVE your idea.  I love it so much, I'm just going to have to steal it...only I plan on painting the mason jars silver and then have a glitter bottom.  I may mix it up and do a stripe in the middle or the top to mix it up.  Then I'll add purple flowers to it.  Probably gerbera daisies. :)
    Anniversary
  • Were going with our theme and doing baseball type center pieces.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kiafocused those are so cute!
    @klburke88 I really like those too! I wonder if I could do that with regular glass vases.

A friend of mine at work does these cute drawings on mini-canvases. I was thinking of having her do a couple for us, but I don't know what else would go with them. Decorating is the hardest part of planning this whole thing!
    Anniversary
  • @Kristen625 they're so easy to do! After I spray painted the jars and let them dry, I used mod podge on the bottom half for the glitter. My glitter isn't perfectly even like the one in the picture, but I like the home-made feel of it. They are so incredibly easy to do, and I've seen people do them in gold, silver, black, rose-gold, pink, and red. If you try it, let us know how they turn out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @klburke88 I plan on giving them a try when it warms up a bit here.  I can't spray paint when it isn't even 10 degrees! :D  And I have mod podged glitter to glass before, I just haven't spray painted prior.  But like you said, it should be super easy.  I'll probably do it close to spring, cause it shouldn't take me more then a weekend to do all of them.  I do plan on practicing at least once before doing a bunch.  :D
    Anniversary
  • @kiafocused  Your centerpiece idea is pretty. Are they hard to create?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing lantern's with candles in them.   I may still do small flower display - a small/low vase, but nothign elaborate.  
  • We're doing something like this: 

The floral marbles are more expensive, and we have like 12-15 tables, so i'm considering using white landscaping rock. The vases are from ikea like $2-3 each i think. total I think it will cost something like $5-6/table. 
  • kiafocusedkiafocused member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    Thanks @tammym1001 @bellaluna290

I'm not sure @Soon to Be Mrs Jay.  I haven't started doing them yet...but shouldn't be too hard, just candles, frames, and fake flower petals.

• What room are you doing it in?

What time of day is your wedding?

Are either of you Irish?

Do you have a theme in mind?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards