Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Bridal Shower-OOT family?

Hey,
  I am having an issue on my bridal shower guest list.  My mom wants me to get it to her by next week.  My problem is about 3/4 of our guests do not live in Pittsburgh.  I know a few people who live an hour or two away and am inviting them because they could drive in if they wanted.  My question is, FI has a sister that lives in SC and I have an aunt and 3 cousins that live in Indianapolis.  Should we invite them so that they don't feel left out?  Or should we just not invite them and assume that they know they weren't invited because they live so far away?  What did you do?
Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal Shower-OOT family?

• SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe talk to your FI and see what he thinks? I have an aunt that lives in Cali I know she wont be coming but Im really close with her so I am still inviting her...other than my sister that is in the wedding I have no other OOT guest....sorry Im prob not the best help :( GL...

hows everything else coming along

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had a shower yet, and I will have to drive 5 hours for my own party, so I may not be the best one to ask, BUT, I will say that my mom and I always drove 6 hours for all the baby and bridal showers we were invited to for cousins several states away. We were always pleased to be able to go. It made us feel like a part of the family. I also think that your FI's sister should definitely get an invite, just to show her that she is important to you. Indianapolis doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility, if they are used to traveling, so I'd invite them too. Again, though, I'm an anomoly I'm sure, and I travel long distances all the time. HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    AP-I will be driving 3 hours to my own shower, so I totally understand where you are coming from:-)  I'm not inviting anyone from my current hometown because they are having a shower for me at work here and a few outside people are coming to that...but I think you are right about inviting FI's sister and possibly my aunt/cousins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I invited all of my out of town family because there was a good possibility a bunch of them would come and many did. So that was nice.

My own FI had to come a thousand miles to attend. :)

I don't feel it is a gift grub if you are close to the person. I like to be invited to OOT showers and attend if I can.
  • AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope my post didn't sound like a complaint... I will be delighted to have a shower! I agree with Kwynn- I don't think it will look like you are asking for gifts, even if they can't come. I recently got an invite to a friend's baby shower in Texas (I'm in Philadelphia). She knew I couldn't come, but it was nice just to be remembered :) Go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards